Sydney Harbour 11-12/2/08

fishmaniac

G'day all,

Spent monday and this arvo out on the harbour chasing some kingies. Can i say one thing that kingies are a pain at times. On monday i had collected 17 yakkas and spend 6 hours to get one king on a yakka (the other king has a story behind it). This arvo i got 6 yakkas which were all gone within 30 mins!!! :mad3:

Any ways this arvo i managed another two and missed to strikes as i hadn't reached the rod in time, nonetheless an entertaining hour and a half.

Back to the king with the interesting story:

- Overhead baitcaster reel on a light graphite stick

- 10lb flourocarbon leader

- size 10 hook (that's right, it was for getting leatehrjackets)

- bait: a piece if sqiud that had gone pink, had been frozen and defrosted for the third time which was about the size of a 10cent piece

After a great little battle which involved steering him around the marker and the anchor line a nice 66cm king came abourd. Meantime the two live yakkes were left untouched...

post-6215-1202814471_thumb.jpg

So all in all and good couple of days on the harbour that saw 2 kings on each day, and another 6 keeper bream and a leatherjacket

QUOTE Fishmaniac

- bait: a piece if sqiud that had gone pink, had been frozen and defrosted for the third time which was about the size of a 10cent piece.........

...... a nice 66cm king came abourd. Meantime the two live yakkes were left untouched...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Fishmaniac. That's true to form, it's amazing how fish will fight over a very small off cut when a full size portion will often sit on the bottom untouched.

Good result.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: