Titanium Guides

Bream Mad

Hi Raiders,

looking at titanium guides on my latest flick stick and wainting to know how good they are

as far as i can work out your choice is either recoils(REC) or titanium framed SIC (Fuji) (note most SIC's sold have steel frames)

Currently only 'off the shelf rods' with these guides are the T Curve Flight (Recoils) $400 and the Berkley pro tactic (TSic) $250 seems like the pro tactic is a good buy if the blank is good

A bream buster with recoils is about $600

your thoughts

BM

They are worth it. Much lighter than stainless steel guides, and on a light flick stick, you'll definitely notice a difference. My preference is the TATSG guides with the TLSG fly guides further up the rod. Don't like Recs, esp when fishing with braid. The TATSGs are essentially as light as the RECs anyway.

A set for a bream stick should cost around $110 maybe a less (esp if you start with a size 20 guide).

there are a few other off the shelfers that come with Ti guides, like the top end daiwa stuff ($$$$) and the pfleuger medallists, which are similar in price with the Rapalas you mentioned. between the two, I would chose the pflueger which is built on a USA rolled blank (All star). Top rods for the price.

........that come with Ti guides, like the top end daiwa stuff ($$$$) and the pfleuger medallists, which are similar in price with the Rapalas you mentioned. between the two, I would chose the pflueger which is built on a USA rolled blank (All star). Top rods for the price.

Some very good information there Irrr. U.S. All Star rods are terrific sticks in the lights and mediums, they have a little more action in the tips than ugly's and the guides are well suited to the cheaper harsher braids.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Titaniums are superb. Ultra light, ultra corrosion proof and ultra expensive but worth it.

Personally, I don't like the TATSG. They are too fragile and easily bent.

Recoils are good but I have seen some photos of grooving in the ring (no rudeness intended).

Edited by Ceph

Hey Bream Mad,

I think the titanium guides are awesome. Currently using recoils on my flick stick and dont have any problems at all when using braid e.t.c and casting is great.

Looking at the price range of rods your looking at, why not go custom. I had Tony from fishfinder put my rod together for me, when i was at the shop he showed us some very impressive stuff.

He had a TX carbon blank that made me and crystalliser think twice about our loomis imx blank.

Also he showed us guides made by American Titan which is just as light a recoils but in my opinion a lot more solid. Another advantage about getting custom is he will tailer the rod to suit ur reel to maximize casting.

Anyways Titanium guides are great, and suggest giving Fishfinder a call eh.

Regards,

NZ