Top Day Fishing Again

majed1965

Hi All,

Another top days fishing at my favourite Georges River Spot.

Headed out at 5am from home with my dad and son. In the water fishing at 6:15am.

Tide was high, current was good and weather looked fine with some cloud about but no wind. :1fishing1:

Lots and lots of bites. By 8am we had 10 very nice bream ranging from 25cm - 35cm.

Can't believe the success we have been having lately. :1fishing1:

Around 8am, the current changed and was now moving very fast, this changed the pattern and for the next 2 hours we were getting only little nibbles. :thumbdown:

Moved to another spot which seemed to be better. Threw in anchor, but unfortunately the anchor broke free from the chain. The U bolt came loose and now we become anhorless.... :05:

Did not have a spare anchor with me so we started drifting. Again some good bites and a couple of nice bream bagged. I lost one huge fish just beside the boat which felt like a jewie...(it snapped my line from the swivel down) :thumbdown:

A few minutes later, my dad hooked a huge fish and was struggling to reel it in. He too unfortuntely had his 9lb line snapped. :thumbdown:

After 1/2 hour we decided to head back to our original spot as the water is calmer and i would be able tie the boat to a pylon and fish.

As soon as we threw the lines in my son bagged a lovely 37cm bream.....and then another 26cm

I bagged a tailor......and dad bagged a couple more breams. :1fishing1:

Again at the end of the day we had a lovely bag of 19 bream and 1 tailor. As i have been eating a lot of fish lately, my sister and cousin were to be the lucky ones to enjoy these fish for dinner.

Having been on a really great run fishing the last couple of weeks. Calm waters, stress free and pure enjoyment with family......Hopefully more to come.......

Get out there everyone and enjoy the great waters we have...beats working.... :1prop:

Hi Majed another great day in the Georges, good on you, well done. Slow drifting can reallly pay off up there especially when you are covering sand flats, drop offs and channels at an angle. Could I take a guess and say you were just up river from the mouth of Woronora ?

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

• 1 month later...

QUOTE: Could I take a guess and say you were just up river from the mouth of Woronora ?

Spot on mate.....

hi there..first of all great read.....just on the location...could you give me instructions on how to get to that area ? my & my 4yr old son are new to boat fishing and hv been out regularly with below average catches...i launch the boat from the the river road boat ramp in the national park and have fished as far as lugarno where the boats are moored and there is lugarno's seafood restaurant...

Edited by jbster22