Nepean Bass

dean

Had a quick fish up around Camden this morning. Managed to land a couple of fish and drop a few more.

The fishing seems to have slowed up a bit after all the rain, hopefully that will change when the river clears a bit more.

Does anyone no when the Bass start heading back down river to spawn? Just trying to figure out if i should be fishing further up river after all the rain.

post-6684-1203664843_thumb.jpg

post-6684-1203664876_thumb.jpg

post-6684-1203664851_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Dean

Had a quick fish up around Camden this morning. Managed to land a couple of fish and drop a few more.

The fishing seems to have slowed up a bit after all the rain, hopefully that will change when the river clears a bit more.

Does anyone no when the Bass start heading back down river to spawn? Just trying to figure out if i should be fishing further up river after all the rain.

Cheers,

Dean

G'day Dean

Good looking bass there. :thumbup:

In past years I have fished locally around Camden up until late May.

The last few seasons has seen a big reduction in water and not a lot of fish would have went down stream, especially when there was a bad hole in one of the weirs down from Camden.

This year could be different due to good rainfalls over summer and less irrigation and the prospect of good rains over the next few months.

If this keeps up I would maybe expect the bass to start schooling up at around late March, give or take a week or two and then they will start the swim down stream soon after.

I've usually found late Feb to mid/late March a great time for catching bass locally as they are feeding up for the swim down and the shrimp are usually quite prolific and where you find the shrimp you will find bass.

Don't let the bass migration stop you from fishing locally 'cos there are plenty of resident fish that don't make it and stay behind.

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

G'day Dean

Good looking bass there. :thumbup:

In past years I have fished locally around Camden up until late May.

The last few seasons has seen a big reduction in water and not a lot of fish would have went down stream, especially when there was a bad hole in one of the weirs down from Camden.

This year could be different due to good rainfalls over summer and less irrigation and the prospect of good rains over the next few months.

If this keeps up I would maybe expect the bass to start schooling up at around late March, give or take a week or two and then they will start the swim down stream soon after.

I've usually found late Feb to mid/late March a great time for catching bass locally as they are feeding up for the swim down and the shrimp are usually quite prolific and where you find the shrimp you will find bass.

Don't let the bass migration stop you from fishing locally 'cos there are plenty of resident fish that don't make it and stay behind.

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky

So when are we going :1yikes:

Thanks for the info Hooky, looks like i'll have a few more month's of good fishing.

Iceman I try to get on the water as much as possible at the moment, if you have time afternoon or morning let me know and well try and arrange a trip before the bass move on.

Cheers,

Dean