Centre Console Boats

marcel haber

Hello fellow Raiders,

Would like your opinion on centre console boats set up for fishing.

I have heard that they give the occupants more room to move however are not so good when it comes to staying dry and avoiding the splash and spray when moving through the water.

Do these type of rigs give a stable ride and what options are available to keep the family dry and also not too exposed to the suns rays.

Has anyone fitted a dropdown sun cover (bimini canopy) or any other contraptions to help reduce the above two issues.

Pictures of boat setups would be helpful.

Tight lines

Twin 1

Marcel.

Josh88, that Triumph centre console looks a very nice style boat and it appears to have a good layout too!

Marcel you could consider a side console as well. I have included a picture of my savage as it stood when I picked it up from Queensland. It has a small side console which gives you three separate work areas and room to move around the boat quickly. The swivel seats are snap in removables if you like to have open deck space. I haven't found removing a swivel chair/s necessary even when fishing four. But there will come a time up north for removing the passenger seats I'm sure. It is amazing how much room there is in a wide 15 1/2 foot tinny with no benches.

The Bimini has been made to cover the area above the seats and provides excellent shelter from sun and rain. It is one of the higher types and has hardly any affect on casting and spredding the rods.

In my mustang centre console you had to turn side on and edge yourself around the centre console. Whereas in the savage you can virtually run around the boat from stern to bow. There was not enough room in the mustang to stretch out on the floor and a rest up, the Savage side console leaves the deck more open which provides room for an overnight sleep in a sleeping bag etc.

post-829-1204327307_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps you Marcel, you are on the right track. A big hi to your brother Ray and if you need any help at all just give me a tingle ay. You'd be amazed at the low prices around away from Sydney for a top fishing boat and in particular it's well worth the trip up north.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer