What Can I Do With Unmatched Gear?

spirit_fall88

Rod: Ugly Stick Platinum 15-37kg

Reel: Daiwa procaster 4000

Line: 50lb braid

trace: 30lb high quality mono, with abrasion resistance 30x.

thats the current gear i have that is unmatched. I got 50lb braid currently spooled on my procaster 4000. However that is no use.

So all im asking is what ROD AND REEL to suit the 50lb braid. But i dont really wanna get a new rod, so im not sure if that rod suits my braid.

i dont know what to do with these gears! someone help please!

Is this the rod ?

USP-JBW1600/Jig Blue Water

I piece

1.80m/6'0"

15-37kg

Guides 6 + Tip

If so, you should be using a sizeable overhead reel. The rod is fine for 50lb braid-probably ideal. I expect you're on a budget? If so consider something like a Penn senator, 1st gen Shimano TLD or Daiwa/Penn graphite framed equivalent. They are all relatively cheap, and last well if looked after, especially the Senators. The rod should take a lifetime of abuse, they are super tough.

You should really take the rod to a reputable tackle shop (site sponsors) and tell them your intentions and budget. As for the Daiwa spin reel, I would keep it, and find a suitable rod. It's the perfect 'allrounder' size reel.

Rod: Ugly Stick Platinum 15-37kg

Reel: Daiwa procaster 4000

Line: 50lb braid

trace: 30lb high quality mono, with abrasion resistance 30x.

thats the current gear i have that is unmatched. I got 50lb braid currently spooled on my procaster 4000. However that is no use.

So all im asking is what ROD AND REEL to suit the 50lb braid. But i dont really wanna get a new rod, so im not sure if that rod suits my braid.

i dont know what to do with these gears! someone help please!

Check out "Swap and Sell" - Nexus is selling a Penn Graphite 25 GLS lever drag overhead light game reel. Should suit your rod, and it's a good price.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=28437

Is this the rod ?

USP-JBW1600/Jig Blue Water

I piece

1.80m/6'0"

15-37kg

Guides 6 + Tip

If so, you should be using a sizeable overhead reel. The rod is fine for 50lb braid-probably ideal. I expect you're on a budget? If so consider something like a Penn senator, 1st gen Shimano TLD or Daiwa/Penn graphite framed equivalent. They are all relatively cheap, and last well if looked after, especially the Senators. The rod should take a lifetime of abuse, they are super tough.

You should really take the rod to a reputable tackle shop (site sponsors) and tell them your intentions and budget. As for the Daiwa spin reel, I would keep it, and find a suitable rod. It's the perfect 'allrounder' size reel.

YES thats the rod i have!!! thankyou so much guys. Helped alot!! will get that reel now. But now im wondering which size reel i should get. Im planning to get the Penn Gls senators. I have 120metres of 50lb braid, and 150metres of 30lb mono.

Does anyone think Penn 25 senator would fit it the line perfect or do i need a bigger reel for the 50lb braid???

Edited by spirit_fall88