Weekend Report

Roffo

Hi Gang,

Went to Bobbin Head for the first time in a few years with the pregnant one on Sat Arvo with some instant bait along with the associated berly, went to a few different spots either side of the road bridge and got about 8 small bream for every keeper size fish. We got about 2 dozen fish at one particular spot and moved to another spot which had a bunch of old mooring floats gathered in a small area about a stones throw from the marina, first cast was a bust off(bugger) 2nd cast was a 48cm blue lipped with buck toothed stud bream which took a good few minutes to get to the net on 4lb WHAT A BUZZ..

After another couple off bust ups and 2 more bream in the high 30's it was time to go as Kim's morning sickness started to kick in. All of the fish went back as me not being much of a fish eater and the Boss not allowed to be eat fish during this time, we headed back for the Hills with a smile on my face anyway.

Sunday arvo was at Sugar Loaf Bay for some land based fun. Took a few fresh green prawns and some pillies and scrapped a couple of yakkas together for a crack at a local king.

I rigged the 10kg outfit with a baloon and sent the first livie out with no interest for the first 40 odd minutes whilst I was bait fishing for bream etc, I picked up the Heavy rod to check the yakka and got smashed just as I was starting to wind the baloon pooped and a second later this rat bag took me for a 70 or 80 metre run which ended in a ping bugger because it would have been nice to see how big hit was........

Ended up with a hand full of small snapper and a small jewfish (55cm) which all went back, the remaining 2 yakkas got harrassed but not taken (all happened suprisingly close to shore) anyway time to get back for dinner after another arvo of fun.

Almost forgot how nice Middle Harbour is...

Cheers

Roffo..

Thanks Gang,

It was a good bream, my PB at B/Head is 51cm on a fresh green prawn where an old ferry wharf use to be.

As far as S/Loaf is concerned a few years back, a friend and I saw a group of about 20 green backs that were over the 20 kg mark which cruised right under under boat but were not feeding, they were just a metre or so under the surface of the water.

Cheers

Roffo.

Amazing what you see whilst taking a whizz over the side of the boat eh Roffo? :074:

We should catch up soon...

Andrew

No Big Guy, not at all. When I was first introduced to the SugerLoaf Bay kings 15 odd years ago we used to chase the boils and birds and flick little white salt water flys with a small running ball sinker down to the fly and a 10kg wind on leader on a 2kg spinnig outfit.(the shimano aerocast was perfect for the job)

The boils would only last for a minute so we only had 1 or 2 casts each which suited us because it normally took 10 or 15 minutes to bring the fish in on the light gear and wait and watch for the next boil. It's when we were waiting for the next boil I was having a quick bite at the back of the boat when I saw these huge monsters cruising about, we gave chase but they were not feeding at all (like we would have had a chance on 2kg)..

Been up the river lately ??????????

Cheers

Roffo