How Do You Spool Line Onto An Overhead Reel?

spirit_fall88

hey guys i just got this overhead reel. Its a Penn Senator GLS 25. I Dont know how to spool the line on, because it doesnt have that thing where it goes side to side like a baitcaster reel.

So can anyone tell me how to spread the line evenly on the reel wen spooling?

hey guys i just got this overhead reel. Its a Penn Senator GLS 25. I Dont know how to spool the line on, because it doesnt have that thing where it goes side to side like a baitcaster reel.

So can anyone tell me how to spread the line evenly on the reel wen spooling?

hi mate, if you want it properly done, bring it to the shop or get a line spooler, they're quite affordable these days and the tackle shop should charge you more than 10 bucks.

i do it myself, and basically a good way of doing it it feeding the line through your guides, then get someone to hold the spool, put a pen or dowel through the spool, then, get two other spools of line and put them on either side of the spool you're putting on, this acts like a brake sys5tem, the spool of line ure putting on is the brake disk and the other two spools on either side is your brake pads, get the second guy to keep pushing the two spools inwards so it makes the spool tight to pull.

then it's a matter of winding in the line and using your hands to spread and distribute the line evenly.

cheers