Was It A Good Friday For You.(fishin Wise)

marcel haber

Braved the conditions yesterday Good Friday and headed into Sydney Harbour.

The plan was to gather some squid then chase a few King fish.

Was met by 20 other boats around the spit gathering squid which made it very hard to target due to the boat traffic, we didnt manage any so we moved on to fish the tide change and have a bottom bash.

My bother and I DID NOT VENTUTRE to the usual locations in the harbour proper to chase kings due to the unfavourable weather conditions.

We managed about a dozen plate size bream fishing around middle harbour with one legal size flathead thrown in for good measure.

at least we didnt go home empty handed and had an easter feed of fish.

How did fellow Raiders fair? did you catch any Kingfish in the usual spots?

did you have to change your fishing plans to suit the conditions and what did you guys catch and bring home for dinner?

Happy and safe Easter fishing to all.

TWIN 1

Marcel.

Well done Marcel, good effort and perseverence making the trip down to Sydney worthwhile in Friday's lousy conditions. :thumbup:

I tell you what Marcel in Friday's conditions I'll bet the best results came out of anchoring and fishing away in general in the deeper water in the more sheltered places like Middle Harbour.

Congratulations for sticking it out. You and Ray got a good feed in the end result, that's what counts don't worry about that!

Fisherman fishing in general in the usual spots in the Harbour proper in Friday's sudden cold snap and the southerly winds, may well have had an uncomfortable day with not many fish at all.

One my fishing friends Andrew (Humesy) got a decent size jew and flathead by being out there right at the start of the same southerly that hit on Thursday night and sticking it out not all that far I'd say, from where you and Ray fished.

It's a proven fact that if you do stick it out at the start of a southerly change like that, fishing does liven up as fish stock up to store their food generally, in the early stages of a cold southerly snap.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Braved the conditions yesterday Good Friday and headed into Sydney Harbour.

The plan was to gather some squid then chase a few King fish.

Was met by 20 other boats around the spit gathering squid which made it very hard to target due to the boat traffic, we didnt manage any so we moved on to fish the tide change and have a bottom bash.

My bother and I DID NOT VENTUTRE to the usual locations in the harbour proper to chase kings due to the unfavourable weather conditions.

We managed about a dozen plate size bream fishing around middle harbour with one legal size flathead thrown in for good measure.

at least we didnt go home empty handed and had an easter feed of fish.

How did fellow Raiders fair? did you catch any Kingfish in the usual spots?

did you have to change your fishing plans to suit the conditions and what did you guys catch and bring home for dinner?

Happy and safe Easter fishing to all.

TWIN 1

Marcel.

Mate i think it was you two i was chatting to at around

11 just before we left the harbour,

My son landed a 72 cm king ... new pb for him

his mate landed a 68 and i landed a 65 took ages to get them

all on fresh or live squid(they went off as soon as the change came through)

Long hard day ,crap weather,but two happy young fishos(and me very relieved)

cheers boys good to meet you both

Mate i think it was you two i was chatting to at around

11 just before we left the harbour,

My son landed a 72 cm king ... new pb for him

his mate landed a 68 and i landed a 65 took ages to get them

all on fresh or live squid(they went off as soon as the change came through)

Long hard day ,crap weather,but two happy young fishos(and me very relieved)

cheers boys good to meet you both

Hookem, it was great to meet you too, yes it was crappy weather but we still managed a feed and I enjoyed my brothers company at the same time.

Glad to hear that your son and his friend got amongst the action.

See you out and about,

cheers

Marcel and Ray.

Well done Marcel, good effort and perseverence making the trip down to Sydney worthwhile in Friday's lousy conditions. :thumbup:

I tell you what Marcel in Friday's conditions I'll bet the best results came out of anchoring and fishing away in general in the deeper water in the more sheltered places like Middle Harbour.

Congratulations for sticking it out. You and Ray got a good feed in the end result, that's what counts don't worry about that!

Fisherman fishing in general in the usual spots in the Harbour proper in Friday's sudden cold snap and the southerly winds, may well have had an uncomfortable day with not many fish at all.

One my fishing friends Andrew (Humesy) got a decent size jew and flathead by being out there right at the start of the same southerly that hit on Thursday night and sticking it out not all that far I'd say, from where you and Ray fished.

It's a proven fact that if you do stick it out at the start of a southerly change like that, fishing does liven up as fish stock up to store their food generally, in the early stages of a cold southerly snap.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Mate I havent given up on the squid there Jewgaffer, my stocks are almost adequate for a super Autumn session with yourself and my brother on the great Hawkesbury.

Will contact you mate when we can catch enough of the jewie tim tams.

Marcel and Ray

Gday fellas,

fishing was bloody hard on that Friday, I eventually got into the kings next to Hookem. It was blowing a gale early in the morning which made squidding extremely hard.

It was great watching your young blokes out fish us all Jason. Those kings that my mate pulled in were his first so he was pretty pumped.