Kingy Jigs

softplasticsjunkie

Virtually all jigs sold in oz are made in China, including the jap brands like Daiwa, Shout!, Smith, ValleyHill, Duel/Yo-Zuri, etc etc. IMO they're not worth the extra coin, how difficult can it be to copy a piece of metal?

One jig that is worth seeking out & paying double or even triple is the "Sanme" brand. Hand made in Japan and rare as everywhere, they were designed by the guy who invented 'Jap' jigging and they do outfish other jigs on Seriola species by a substantial margin. They design is completely different from all the others and they're much bigger.

post-6106-1206176181_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

whilst puchasing some kingy jigs today i was confronted with the fact that the daiwa sarafice sticks are about double the price of other brands, can daiwa justify this with results??

Hi matey daiwa sacrifices are proven jigs especially for kings and other

species, black gold and sardine are my favourite colours either 250 or

300grams, better grab while still can cause not being imported in the

country anymore :( due to what reason unsure myself another good

jig is the smith nagamasa CB top shelf :thumbup:

Cheers

Rizzo :biggrin2:

If the Kings and other fish are there they will take anything. Some guys off Sydney have been using $2 Spanners with hooks tied on just to save money from bite offs from Jackets. They will take anything if in a frenzy.

Here is a shot of a Samson taken off W.A on a Spanner. Which is a common practise.

post-2286-1218810620_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Is that the Rizzo JOE?

If the Kings and other fish are there they will take anything. Some guys off Sydney have been using $2 Spanners with hooks tied on just to save money from bite offs from Jackets. They will take anything if in a frenzy.

Here is a shot of a Samson taken off W.A on a Spanner. Which is a common practise.

any particular brand?

Cheers

I was told that they will be replaced by a new (but similar) range. I nearly bought one of the slender models but at $30 and the thought of all those leatherjackets I put it back on the shelf. I have one of their 160g leaf models which they describe as having a long skating action that appeals to slower moving fish. It pays to have a range of jigs with different actions and sizes to find what they are biting on a given day.

Virtually all jigs sold in oz are made in China, including the jap brands like Daiwa, Shout!, Smith, ValleyHill, Duel/Yo-Zuri, etc etc. IMO they're not worth the extra coin, how difficult can it be to copy a piece of metal?

Hi jigholio were can i get my hands on such jigs

would appreciate the info cheers :beersmile: