Mahi Mahi - 24 March

Chewy

Went out on Uncle Mervs loooovely Triumph .... wow - all boats should be that kewl!!!

Headed for the fad at 6am.

Someone please tell uncle Merv - the live bait well is for LIVE bait and not a block of pilchards!!! Ever seen what happens to a block - after its spent a few hours in a washing machine? It was rough stuff - not a single intact pilchard in sight!!! And even worse it took us half an hour to get the suckers out of the outlet pipe!!

Anyhow - to the details - got to the fad... and yes!! My first dollie... and then my lovely dee's first dollie, and then Unc mervs first one ..... and many more to come!!!

So if you ever go Dollie hunting - get the skankiest old washed out pilles you can - and this is the result:

post-2645-1206354518_thumb.jpg

Lost a beauty thinking I didnt need the gaff.... wont make that mistake again!!!

Anyhow great day - thanks Merv!! about 15 fish in all - lots released -and some in my tummy!!!

Heres lovely Dee and hers (and mines) first Dollie collection!

post-2645-1206354537_thumb.jpg

Can wait to get out again!!

Chewy

Well done mate, the triumphs are great (apart from the fact we're yet to land a kingfish in ours), we have the 170CC with 75hp optimax. Great boats, gunwhales could be higher though on ours, so not terribly keen to go chase my first dollie in it at this stage :1prop: .

Josh

Well done mate, the triumphs are great (apart from the fact we're yet to land a kingfish in ours), we have the 170CC with 75hp optimax. Great boats, gunwhales could be higher though on ours, so not terribly keen to go chase my first dollie in it at this stage :1prop: .

Josh

josh i get out there in my 4m tinnie if the weather is good so you should have no probs in your boat.

josh i get out there in my 4m tinnie if the weather is good so you should have no probs in your boat.

Yeh probably could, how far out are the fads? Even if we did get wet it wouldn't matter much, we got rained on for an hour today

Nice work on the first dollies guys!!!! They are a super fun fish to catch and even better to look at wen you cruise over the fad and you can see the buggers down there all lit up like some kind of disco fluorescent light!!! :thumbup: