Okuma Baitrunners

yakfishing

I'm thinking about getting a baitrunner and the Okuma range are a good price, I cant spend too much. The avengers are the right price and have some other desirable features like a sealed drag which would be good on the yak as it can get pretty wet at times. I'd be looking at the ABF-60. Has anyone tried them before? Are they alright? I want to start targeting trevs in botany and a killer technique Ive been shown was using a baitrunner to feed a nipper down a burley trail. I also want something at least half decent for kings, I dont trust the larger reel I have at the moment, its an old cheap shimano thats had its fair share of salt water abuse and neglect.

Cheers

Edited by yakfishing

Hi,

I had an old shimano baitrunner for like 11 years.

Absolutely loved it and have only just retired it for another one.

Got a 4500b.

Love those baitrunners and so do the jewies. They can pick up and run and with a turn of the reel your on!

Mike

i have both an okuma baitrunner and a few shimano models ,if you have the cash go with the shimano as it will save you in the long run,i beleive there better built and belive there better corrosion wise,although onegood thing about okuma reels is they are very good with there waranties,i took a reel in for waranty it was just about seized with corosion from coping a hyding from sitting up in the rocket launcher during the summer months (used it for catching bait)

took it back no questions asked didnt even have a reciet

cheers arman

I have a okuma eclipze baitrunner its a nice reel and very durable. for the price im very pleased with it. similar to the salina minus a few things. I have also used it on the rocks a bit and given it a hiding it goes great. Sure you can get a better shimano MUCH better but it does come with a price so it depends what you can afford in my opinion :1fishing1:

Hey Yakfishing

I have 6 Okuma Avenger baitrunnres. I bougt them for my kids and liked them so I bought more for me.

I use them with 6lb line and smaller. I have one spool for each with braid and one with mono. I bought my first one two years ago and none have of them have given me any trouble. I have even caught a kingfish on one while fishing for yakkas.

Cheers

Kingpig.