Middle Harbour Today

glennmreid

Went back to my little spot 2 days in a row. What a day. Talk about hits on the bait. I got absolutely creamed by a huge jewie. I was using my shimano baitrunner, and the drag screamed off. I tightened up the drag, but the line kept coming off. Same result as yesterday, lost him. Atleast this time I lost him, it was my fault. In the end caught 2 snapper, 2 tailor, and 2 bream. Best of all, caught my PB for bream. This monster weighed 1.4kg and measured 42cm. Had plenty of huge bites.

My PB Bream

post-3324-1209287231_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1209287521_thumb.jpg

2nd bream

post-3324-1209287262_thumb.jpg

tailor

post-3324-1209287285_thumb.jpg

Bad luck on the jew mate. Sounds like you had a top day. Better luck next time

Were you fishing the harbour? And Where? What baits were you using? :1fishing1: .

I was fishing landbased up near Roseville. I had 2 rods out. One rod I had squid for any jews, and pilchards on there other. The jew I lost absolutely smashed the squid. The large bream I caught smashed the pilchards like a freight train. Thought I had a small jew on as he was taking line off the reel.

That's great Chopper,

You know your doing the right thing. Sounds like it was even bigger than the 10kg one from yesterday eh!

I bet you'll be back there again soon!

This fish I lost today was definately bigger than the one lost yesterday. I had 30lb leader and got smoked. All great fun. I never had fished this spot before until yesterday. Glad that I found a great fish producer.

Nice result up at Roseville Glen. There's some good water up from the boat ramp and plenty of good jew spots. Land based jewfish fishermen have preferred to fish that area over the years.

Some good size fish in the pics Glen especially the 1.4 kilo bream. I'm glad the Davidson area paid off for you and those big tailor congregating at this time up there is a very good sign.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Hey Chopper,

Shame you couldnt tame that beastie.

Sounds like a beauty. They are there ATM.

Had a picnic at the Park on saturday and late in the arvo went for a walk up river on the track.

Saw a lot a big mullet jumping.

Surely a good sign.

Mike

Edited by zenman