Central Coast Beach Fishing

Gdayyyyyyyyyyy All,

Hit the Central Coast beaches with my good mate outdoordan as he scored the week off.

Headed up to Budgewoi yesterday morning at 3 am and arrived around 5 am and the first baits of pilchards entered the calm waters.

First hit was a small banjo ray :mad3: hmmmmmm not what we came for.Next was a succession or small taps which we just couldnt seem to stay connected to and then I scored PB Dart followed by PB Longtom.

We had been targeting Salmon and Tailor and if by magic Dan spies a large dark mass in the water not far from the shore :yahoo: Salmon and they were hungry.

Bang Bang in quick succession we both had nice Salmon on and managed to land half a dozen or so around 2 to 3 kgs as well as a few missed opportunties,Dan lost a very sizeable fish due to the hooks pulling after it took a fairly large run.

Next we decided to head down to a local beach and try for some Jewies as Dan is hangin out to score his first and has put many hours in.

We lined up a nice cabin to stay in as we were very tired and decided to have a poppy nap for the arvo and hit the beach again around 4.30 pm.

We arrived on the beach to be greeted by a small swell and not a lot of wind and a predicted high tide around 8 pm.

Out go the squids and pillies and we had a few half hearted hit but nothing to write home about :(

Around 7 Dan lays back on his gear and promptly lands his first ever saltwater catty :074: He was not amused.

Now we were desperate and I hadnt had a bite for over two hours when bang bang bang a solid hit and then no weight :1yikes: I promptly ran backwards as fast as I could and fell straight on my ass :074: but I finally had a bit of weight and promptly scull dragged a 60 cm soapie out of the briny.

Met up with Scienceman as well and it was nice to meet you Warren .

We we had scored at least what we had came for and then I got a nice hit and scored a bloody eel :ranting2: pissed off with that effort we packed up and headed back to our nice cabin for a coffee and well needed sleep.

Got up around 8 am and cam back to Sydney pretty pleased with our efforts.

Great to go away with you Dan and we will peservere for a little bit longer on our fabled 20 kg Jew :yahoo:

post-256-1210055350_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055363_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055391_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055406_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055421_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055436_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055451_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055464_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055477_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055513_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

Nice to meet up with you Stewy and Dan. Hope we can catch up again sometime. I'll keep you posted if I hear of anything special going off to make your long trip up here worthwhile.

I'm also usually solo when i go out in my boat so happy to take on crew when your up this way next.

Hey Stewy,

Looks like you and Dan had another memorable trip and I'll bet you both had a ball on the Sambos...they're always fun! You'll just have to keep trying for that fabled 20kg beach Jew mate, bring on the next dark eh?

That Darts a "wee ripper" :074:

Oh yeh, sorry bout the early wake up call yesterday! :ranting2:

Catch ya soon,

Chris...

Edited by Smitty

Nice to meet up with you Stewy and Dan. Hope we can catch up again sometime. I'll keep you posted if I hear of anything special going off to make your long trip up here worthwhile.

I'm also usually solo when i go out in my boat so happy to take on crew when your up this way next.

Dan just called and he scored a 10kg plus Jewie :yahoo: more details to come soon

Cheers Stewy

Great report and photos, Stewy :thumbup:

Seems to be a great time of year for good Jewies at the moment, so I daresay your next post will involve a much better specimen. :biggrinthumb:

Hodgey

Apparently an even bigger one was landed as well in excess of 20 kgs ,Dan has been trying for a Big Jew for over 2 yrs and it is his just reward.

I am spewing ,I should have went with him again :(

Cant wait to see the pics

Cheers Stewy

What a top little session, :thumbup:

Congrats. on your new PBs Stewy

It was bloody exiting stuff watching that school of Sambos moving down the beach, only to engulf our offerings. Spewin we didn't have a light flick stick and some lures :mad3:

Looks like things are shaping up to be another bumper salmon season. lets only hope, ay.

We'll do it again soon :biggrin2:

Cheers

Dan

Gdayyyyyyyyyyy All,

Hit the Central Coast beaches with my good mate outdoordan as he scored the week off.

Headed up to Budgewoi yesterday morning at 3 am and arrived around 5 am and the first baits of pilchards entered the calm waters.

First hit was a small banjo ray :mad3: hmmmmmm not what we came for.Next was a succession or small taps which we just couldnt seem to stay connected to and then I scored PB Dart followed by PB Longtom.

We had been targeting Salmon and Tailor and if by magic Dan spies a large dark mass in the water not far from the shore :yahoo: Salmon and they were hungry.

Bang Bang in quick succession we both had nice Salmon on and managed to land half a dozen or so around 2 to 3 kgs as well as a few missed opportunties,Dan lost a very sizeable fish due to the hooks pulling after it took a fairly large run.

Next we decided to head down to a local beach and try for some Jewies as Dan is hangin out to score his first and has put many hours in.

We lined up a nice cabin to stay in as we were very tired and decided to have a poppy nap for the arvo and hit the beach again around 4.30 pm.

We arrived on the beach to be greeted by a small swell and not a lot of wind and a predicted high tide around 8 pm.

Out go the squids and pillies and we had a few half hearted hit but nothing to write home about :(

Around 7 Dan lays back on his gear and promptly lands his first ever saltwater catty :074: He was not amused.

Now we were desperate and I hadnt had a bite for over two hours when bang bang bang a solid hit and then no weight :1yikes: I promptly ran backwards as fast as I could and fell straight on my ass :074: but I finally had a bit of weight and promptly scull dragged a 60 cm soapie out of the briny.

Met up with Scienceman as well and it was nice to meet you Warren .

We we had scored at least what we had came for and then I got a nice hit and scored a bloody eel :ranting2: pissed off with that effort we packed up and headed back to our nice cabin for a coffee and well needed sleep.

Got up around 8 am and cam back to Sydney pretty pleased with our efforts.

Great to go away with you Dan and we will peservere for a little bit longer on our fabled 20 kg Jew :yahoo:

post-256-1210055350_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055363_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055391_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055406_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055421_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055436_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055451_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055464_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055477_thumb.jpg

post-256-1210055513_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordfisherman

Great effort swordfisherman

Any tips on where you fished on Budgewoi beach as im thinking of giving it a hit over the next few days

steve