Roseville Sunday

glennmreid

Fished my spot again today as the rain forecasted didn't appear. Got to my spot and was a bit concerned as the wind was around. But not as bad as I thought. Threw 2 rods out, one baited with pilchards, and the other squid. Once I had set those rods, I decided to fish for mullet, which were everywhere. Got smashed on the 2 main rods, but no hook ups. Then the line on my wife's rod was peeling off. It turned out to be a small ray. another cast, she was into the action again. This time, a nice 35cm bream. A PB for her. she also lot a couple of fish.Decent size as well, by the way her rod was bending over. In the end I caught 3 bream, 2 mullet, and lost another 3 fish. Another great day out on the water.

Thought I would share some more photos where I fish. How peaceful it is. The scenery is great. My wife also decided to throw in a few photos of me fishing for mullet.

post-3324-1211096696_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211096782_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211096804_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211096826_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211096849_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211096876_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211096897_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211096917_thumb.jpg

Good catch

I have kayaked there a lot and it is ray city. On every sandy area you can see the bedding holes of the rays and early morning or evening on a rising tide they roam all the shallows. Always about 30cm across but never really large ones.

Nice little sun trap where you were.

Pel

G'day Chopper,

Well done, what a great spot and you always seem to get some too.

Don't know if it's been suggested yet, but do you or would you ever think of putting out a live mullet once you catch one? Seems to me if they're all around and you've got jewies there before it might be the shot.

G'day Chopper,

Well done, what a great spot and you always seem to get some too.

Don't know if it's been suggested yet, but do you or would you ever think of putting out a live mullet once you catch one? Seems to me if they're all around and you've got jewies there before it might be the shot.

Have thought about using a live mullet. Might do that next time. Got knows what else I can hook into.

Hi Glen Get onto Humesy, Andrew knows his way up around Davidson landbased, that's for sure. Spread out a few rods each on those livies, they won't last very long up there at night.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: