Squid Spots In Stockton?

puka9988

gday raiders.

went out today and bought some squid jigs to use in middle harbour and in the holidays up at stockton.

im looking at trying to get a variety of live baits to just test my luck on the beach and off the breakwall.

my little bro brought up an octapus on the breakwall but it jumped off just before we landed it so didnt get a clear look. the area there seemed fair weedy but was pretty close to the little beach so a lot of sand aswell.(dunno if that mix is good or not..)

so yeh any ideas on places to try would be very muchly appreciated :1prop:

cheers and tightlines

stockoboy

gday raiders.

went out today and bought some squid jigs to use in middle harbour and in the holidays up at stockton.

im looking at trying to get a variety of live baits to just test my luck on the beach and off the breakwall.

my little bro brought up an octapus on the breakwall but it jumped off just before we landed it so didnt get a clear look. the area there seemed fair weedy but was pretty close to the little beach so a lot of sand aswell.(dunno if that mix is good or not..)

so yeh any ideas on places to try would be very muchly appreciated :1prop:

cheers and tightlines

stockoboy

Hey mate. I have never tried it but the weedy, shallow flats just on the north side of the bridge look like they would hold squid and I think they would be your best bet around the area. I have always spent more time chasing poddy mullet ;). If your keen to use live bait I would say try poddys for sure off the beach or the wall (harbour side) or...live prawns and nippers go sick off the ferry terminal at night for thumper bream!! Use an extremely small or no sinker and you'll be sweet!!