Roseville & Cottage Point

Tim

Hi guys

Went to Roseville on Saturday morning hoping for a flattie. Fished SP's for a couple of hours with no hits, only follows from baby bream & toadies...

I switched to bait & tried a while down near the boatramp cos I thought there would be a good berley trail from the cleaning tables. No fish there either. So I packed up & went to drive home & decided to give cottage point a go. No results there either!

Fished all day for zilch. Very depressing after coming home from QLD & catching heaps. Hopefully my next report will be a bit better.

Cheers

Tim

Its tough fishing down here when you are a queenslander.

28651[/snapback]

Sorry Pedro, what I meant was that I have just come home from a holiday in QLD where I did pretty well & caught a few fish.

I've been fishing around Sydney for a couple of years, mostly around Hornsby/Berowra area. I tried a few different tactics on Saturday, but it was just one of those days. There was too much boat traffic around Roseville I think.

Bad luck Tim , an old bloke told me drought on the land drought on the sea. not to mention i beleive the water clarity is not good & i beleive the rivers are not getting flushed by rain so regular therefore the silt , phospherous & suspended matter just leach through the esturies via minimal tidal flow. just a theory.

Tim

You may wish to look at a few spots in Pittwater which all have very easy access.

There is a walking path along much of the waterfront through Bayview and Church Point with a scattering of waterfront parks/reserves.

Bayview Boat Ramp is part of Rowland Reserve and there is a long sand bar that stretches out with a few good drop offs and boat moorings. (Flathead+ bream)

Try the area around the Pasadena Restaurant and Public Carpark at church point, generally sand dropping into the channel (flathead + Bream)

You could add a little burly in working an area to improve your chances in the above locations.

Further round via road you will find a large park that is in Mc Carrs Creek. Walk up the creek, as there are some deep pools and rocks that look very fishy.

Careel Bay on the Eastern side of Pittwater is another area that can be productive and has a few mangroves.

Palm Beach around the seaplane landing area is OK

All the above are fishable with soft plastic.

Be persistent so you get to know the area and the fish will follow.

Good luck and don’t forget to post how you go win or lose.

Cheers

Martin