Who Has The Best Range Of Daiwa Reels?

damobows

Hi people,

Was just wondering if anyone knows who has the best range of Daiwa reels in the Sydney area? All my usual haunts are Shimano dealers and I just wanted to have a look at the Daiwa range of overheads.

Cheers

Damo

Go fish has a good range and if they don't have I am sure they can order for you.

Have you seen and tried the new Luvias

Cheers

inhlanzi

Thanks inhlanzi, yeah I've seen them and they look real good but I've got that covered with my Twin power - am looking for a solid overhead - haven't actually played with the Saltiga or Saltists.

Cheers

Damo

G'day Damo,

I fished with a Saltist 40 this summer and it's a sweet reel. As much as I'd love a Saltiga, the value for money of the Saltist is too good to pass up. Go Fish have plenty of Daiwa reels including a Saltist spinning reel I've got my eye on.

If it wasn't for putting the house on the market and therefore 'rationalising' my gear anyway... what I'd really like though is the Fireblood 4000 and the Stella 20000 in Pete's display cabinet.

Cheers, Slinky

G'day Damo,

I fished with a Saltist 40 this summer and it's a sweet reel. As much as I'd love a Saltiga, the value for money of the Saltist is too good to pass up. Go Fish have plenty of Daiwa reels including a Saltist spinning reel I've got my eye on.

If it wasn't for putting the house on the market and therefore 'rationalising' my gear anyway... what I'd really like though is the Fireblood 4000 and the Stella 20000 in Pete's display cabinet.

Cheers, Slinky

Thanks Slinky,

Yeah I agree with your thoughts I would love a Stella or a FB for a spinning reel but as for overheads the Saltists look the value for money choice for sure and that little bit of extra drag pressure will hopefully land me a solid hood given the oppourtunity!And while we're on the money side of things, as much as I would love to support our local tackle shops and buy AUS sold products - when I can get a Saltist 30th for $188 AUS delivered from the US I am going to have to get it, when the cheapest I could find here was $269.99 I can spool it and the rest for the money I save.

Its tough going for Aussie retailers when the dollar is like it is I guess. :D

Cheers

Damo

Hi CFD,

I'm in the Sutherland area.

Ta

Damo

Edited by damobows

hey mate

i have got a wonderful saltist 50. It such aa great reel and with 11 kilos of recommended drag it will hopefully putt th wood on some great fish. i am going to put 65lb tuf xp 600 yards. again great reel and a wonderful choice.

i got mine for $230 but the shop is now closed.

steve

Damo

Yes you could drive around all day but why not ring or go and see some of our great sponsors.

I sure that there prices will be great and there service and info will be even greater.

It is always better to buy from someone who will take the time to truly ensure that you are buying what you really need.

I have myself brought many items from our sponsors and have also been given some really good advice for fee as well. I would also like to add that i have never felt like i was forced to buy it just because i got the advice from them.

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob