Breakfast Creek, Quakers Hill

glennmreid

I have heard there are big carp in Breakfast creek, Quakers Hill. I am keen to get into the action. For anyone who has fished this creek for carp, which is the best road for car access to the creek? Which area or part of the creek is a reliable spot?

Sorry 4 the late reply fellas, im not sure if there are signs up but i remember in the local paper there was a bloke holding up a fairly big carp which was caught there, I used to go to school around the corner from it and a few mates said they had caught quite a few carp in there aswell

Fisho5

Sorry 4 the late reply fellas, im not sure if there are signs up but i remember in the local paper there was a bloke holding up a fairly big carp which was caught there, I used to go to school around the corner from it and a few mates said they had caught quite a few carp in there aswell

Fisho5

Hi Mate,

I haven't fished Quakers Hills, but fished Bella Vista a lot.

I used to catch carp to around 3kg, the best bait I've found is canned corn kernals.

I used to run 6lb line, a small running sinker, and a size 4 hook. Just thread the corn onto the hook. Watch your line, when it moves off, set the hook.

They're great fun on light tackle, not very fast, but loads of low speed grunt...

• 2 weeks later...

Where in glenwood?have to give it a try and get into the big carp

Chopper,

Glenwood lake is right behind parklea markets on Glenwood park Drive and diamond avenue, Glenwood.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ad