Slowish Day @ Lyall

Roffo

post-6766-1212236635_thumb.jpg

post-6766-1212236664_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders,

Got to the hollow at about 8am with a good mate of mine Lawrie,he tagged along for only his second trout experience ever.

Witnin two minutes of getting the lines out we had two fish of 25cm, It looked like we were in for another hot bite however it took 6 hours for 6 fish upto 42cm.

Lawries nailed the 2 biggest fish :ranting2: so he was a happy man.

We did use powerbait and gulp putty and must say they both worked quite well.

Lawrie was able to catch a 22cm trout on a pink tassie, I think everyone at the lake knew he was on...

The pics are the 2 biggest trout caught.

Cheers

Roffo

post-6766-1212236635_thumb.jpg

post-6766-1212236664_thumb.jpg

Hi Raiders,

Got to the hollow at about 8am with a good mate of mine Lawrie,he tagged along for only his second trout experience ever.

Witnin two minutes of getting the lines out we had two fish of 25cm, It looked like we were in for another hot bite however it took 6 hours for 6 fish upto 42cm.

Lawries nailed the 2 biggest fish :ranting2: so he was a happy man.

We did use powerbait and gulp putty and must say they both worked quite well.

Lawrie was able to catch a 22cm trout on a pink tassie, I think everyone at the lake knew he was on...

The pics are the 2 biggest trout caught.

Cheers

Roffo

Still better than not getting out Pete :thumbup: You been over to Farmers at all lately?

Judging from the photo's that snot weed is getting bad over at Magpies, can be a pain the bum!

Cheers

Windy

cpl of nice fish there man doing better than me iv got a total of 15 hours trout fishn for nuthn (all lure work) im hopeing this rain hangs around for abit might just get them running for me when i get up there AGAIN on monday gotta luv public holidays

mick

Thanks Gent's,

Yeah it was ok I guess, but the weed has gotten worse over the last couple of weeks.

Hi Matt, we almost went to the creek but we had a couple of better fish strike that made us stay put.(The last time at the creek was with your good self)

We did go through about an hour when nothing touched, but there was some big fish smashing bugs all around us but couldn't get any biggies on lures.

Hey BH, The weather for Monday so far is 10km winds, light drizzle and 88% hum. The temp will get from 3 to 10deg C so it should be ok.

Let us know how you go.

I'm looking to get back there on Sat with a jar of gulp tiny red earth worms under a float to see if I can't tempt one of those bigger cruises to have a go.

Cheers

Roffo

Well done guys,

I havnt been to Lyall but i will sometime this year.

I am hitting up Thredbo river not this weekend but the next.

Good luck guys keep up the good work.

No matter where you are its cold hard fishing this time of year.

Quick question on the picture where you are looking back at the camera does that fish happen to have a blister on its side?

All the best Cam

Edited by soft-on

I am hitting up Thredbo river not this weekend but the next.

Don't want to spoil your trip Cam, but the season closes this weekend so the Thredbo is off limits.

Cheers

Windy

Don't want to spoil your trip Cam, but the season closes this weekend so the Thredbo is off limits.

Cheers

Windy

Hey boys

We are heading up the Fish River for 5 days on Thursday night camping at the F R reserve

Hope we will get some speckleis

With all this rain I am expecting the waters will be higher and faster than usual

if the river is to hard to fish might head out to Lyell and or TCD for a flick

How do you get to Farmers creek, is it at the end of the road with the white steel gate, do you walk from there.

If anyone is crusing past drop in a say hello.

cheers Jamie

How do you get to Farmers creek, is it at the end of the road with the white steel gate, do you walk from there.

If anyone is crusing past drop in a say hello.

cheers Jamie

Hey Jamie, yep thats the one. It's the road thats comes off the one that leads to the Damn Wall (coming from Lithgow), about half way between Lithgow and the Dam.

Wish I could go, but good 'ol work wont let me!

Cheers

Windy

I'm looking to get back there on Sat with a jar of gulp tiny red earth worms under a float to see if I can't tempt one of those bigger cruises to have a go.

Cheers

Roffo

I'm really not a fan of gulp as a bait but you might want to google "powerbait mouse" to see what the yanks are up to.Should be some scatterd showers which hopefull will bring the trout on.

Edited by zook2001

Hey Jamie, yep thats the one. It's the road thats comes off the one that leads to the Damn Wall (coming from Lithgow), about half way between Lithgow and the Dam.

Wish I could go, but good 'ol work wont let me!

Cheers

Windy

Bloody work

When you get to the bottom of the road the leads to the water where do you head from there.

I saw some pics you guys posted a while ago on Farmers and the water looked small and shallow like a feeder stream.

Is that an area you walk to once you get down to the water

when I was there it all looked like big deep dam water although the water went around to the right and out of site.

Any tips

cheers Matt

Hi Jamie,

When you are standing at the gate looking at the water, Farmer's Creek is on your right hand side (not the one that goes up to the Cox's straight ahead)

TCD should be fired up by now, have fun and let us know how ya go...

There are still bait fish getting munched at Lyall at first light (so locals tell me)

Cheers

Roffo

Bloody work

When you get to the bottom of the road the leads to the water where do you head from there.

I saw some pics you guys posted a while ago on Farmers and the water looked small and shallow like a feeder stream.

Is that an area you walk to once you get down to the water

when I was there it all looked like big deep dam water although the water went around to the right and out of site.

Any tips

cheers Matt

Hey Jamie, there are a couple of spots that fish well. One is almost directly in front and to the left of that gate. It is deep water but the Trout cruise in close, its a good spot to sink plastics down to the bottom.

The other area is up Farmers Creek itself, just before the gate you may notice a mad mand small rock embankments. That used to be (and I guess still is) a bit of a camping/nnq area, there is still a little BBQ there. But if you walk down past that you will get some good access to Farmers Creek itself. Again it deepish water but it does fish well too. My general advise here is to run shallow running lures early morning then slowly move onto deeper running and plastics as the day heats up. If you can see Gudgeons schooling its a sure bet the Trout will be around.

There is also access to the upper Farmers Creek including the creek itself, but I have yet to explore it fully as its a walk in. Will probably have to wait until the season reopens.

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Cheers

Windy