Japan Tackle Shop

VA911

Got in last night from japan. Was there for a holiday for a week. What a top place to visit! went all over japan with the train and saw way too much but hey what a blast!

My last day was spent for half of it in a tackle shop in Osaka. The shop is called 1BAN. this is not one of those huge stores but they have all the top line stuff! And endless stock of everything. Check out some of the pics. Sorry about the quality was taken on the fly with my mobile! I played with the reels, rods and basically everything in there. The highlight was the Studio Ocean Jigging reels and also the extensive range of Carpenter and Fisherman rods in stock. Also some jiggs up to 700grams!! Huge!!!!!

The studio ocean mark reel is next on the wish list!

I ended up picking up a Carpenter One Hundred Over head jig rod. Sweat bit of gear and got a pair of fisherman jigging gloves as well.

If anyone gets to Japan and Osaka especially i would recommed these guys! Top Service and funny blokes, Their english left a bit to be desired but hey your in Japan and Fishing is a Global language.

Image236.jpg

Image242.jpg

Image241.jpg

Image240.jpg

Image239.jpg

Image238.jpg

Image237.jpg

japanstuff009.jpg

japanstuff007.jpg

japanstuff001.jpg

Got in last night from japan. Was there for a holiday for a week. What a top place to visit! went all over japan with the train and saw way too much but hey what a blast!

My last day was spent for half of it in a tackle shop in Osaka. The shop is called 1BAN. this is not one of those huge stores but they have all the top line stuff! And endless stock of everything. Check out some of the pics. Sorry about the quality was taken on the fly with my mobile! I played with the reels, rods and basically everything in there. The highlight was the Studio Ocean Jigging reels and also the extensive range of Carpenter and Fisherman rods in stock. Also some jiggs up to 700grams!! Huge!!!!!

The studio ocean mark reel is next on the wish list!

I ended up picking up a Carpenter One Hundred Over head jig rod. Sweat bit of gear and got a pair of fisherman jigging gloves as well.

If anyone gets to Japan and Osaka especially i would recommed these guys! Top Service and funny blokes, Their english left a bit to be desired but hey your in Japan and Fishing is a Global language.

Hey mate. cool pics.

I was in japan about a month ago and i went to Joshuya and Sansui in Tokyo..

They seem to be big on Varivas line over there, thats a brand we don't have here in Australia.

Chris

Yes we do have it here. Its very expensive here though.I have it spooled on my new stella 20000 but its possibly not the best stuff around for the cost of it.

Jigman is a great braid!!! (thanks once again Steve). I love that braid!

Its just amazing how much stuff we dont have here that they have and also the amount of stock they hold in a shop.

Another rod that caught my eye was the Zenaq fokeeto jigging rods. (nice bit of gear)

there stuff is amazing and i could not find a non top shelf item in the shop.

is it any good? cos i didn't know which one to get when i was in Japan.

I've only ever seen varivas split rings, but never line in any tackle shop..

I'm pretty happy with the PE lines I've tried, one I thing I havent tried yet though are the leaders....

Thats some really nice gear there, hopefully i can get my hands on some of that....one day.

Working out some of those prices in AUD they're like $400 cheaper on the Blue Heaven Ocean Jig Reel. Seems like a great place.