Tailor On Bread Fly...now Iv'e Seen Everything

Narralakes

Lakes been pretty active lately with lots of bream and mullet around. Early this morning I took the tinny and went to this spot I have been fishing from lately and burleyed up, within seconds the bream and mullet were about. It took quite a while to land one though as I changed about 5 different breadfly types b4 finding the one they wanted. It was pretty much action non-stop from then on. Mullet were bigger than usual, about the 30 cm+ range, biggest today about 38 cms and they are heaps of fun on fly, taking line and jumping about. The surprise of the day was when I hooked onto this tailor that took ages to land, jumped once on the hookup and another time as I was playing it in, it was taking line and was heaps of fun. From a distance I thought it was a big mullet as they often jump on hookup, but it fought differently so I wasnt sure till I saw colour near the boat. Interestingly too was that it had 2 big gang hooks, one inside and one hanging out. It measured up at 36 cms to the fork, for that lake, that is a big tailor, biggest Ive landed in there, lure, bait or fly. Here's a pic of the tailor. today's tally, 8 mullet landed, 4 dropped, 1 bream, 1 tailor.

cheers

G'Day Ken

Nice fish, sounds like a better day than last week. Been tying up some more bread flys on smaller lighter guage hooks in the last few days... making sure these ones float :thumbup: Drop me a pm when your headed out for a another fish, be good to catch up again, got to get more of a fix on the fly.

Adrian

Clutch,

only getting out a bit recently because I'm on holidays, that finishes today.

Adrian,

you wouldnt believe it, after you left last time out with George and Fred, we had a hot bite for about 40 minutes and bagged about a dozen fish each right on dusk. If the tides are right next week, maybe we can meet for a session down at the lake.

cheers

Ken

Yeah, george told me about the session that followed :1badmood:

Always next time :)

If you want to drop a boat in during an afternoon this week I'm keen to get my boat out before the weekend. Heading to Glenbawn for the weekend so I want to just check everything over. Sitting here tying bass flys and servicing the reels in anticipation of some big fish :)

Adrian

Guest bluecod

Ken,

Just noticed this post - well done on the PB tailor - sounds like you're really getting the lake wired - time to tie some clousers for a PB jew!

Your line has arrived, now to work out how to get it to you - could be an excuse for an early morning this Sunday if Saturday doesn't work out.

Hi George,

Adrian is going to Glenbawn, so he cant make Saturday arvo. I am keen to fish Saturday arvo or Sunday morning. We can go to this new spot and try the sand flats there, there is a deep drop off. Let me know if you want to go. As for the line, can you send it by post? I would like to rig it up b4 the weekend. I'll of course pay for postage and the line when I see you next. If that is possible, let me know and I'll PM my address, thanks.

cheers

Ken