Trevs But No Jews

brendong

My cousin and I decided to hit Trevaly Alley with the kids on Saturday with the plan to gather bait for a late afternoon jew session whilst they fished for Trevs.

Tried for some squid first up but middle of the day with 4 kids bouncing around isn't all that conjusive for squiddding. So we trundled over to Mole Pt....

Decided not to stick the boat fair amoungst the rest of the children less boats through fear of being rained on by flying sinkers from the fellow fisho's......Burlied up for a massive amount of little sweep :ranting2: .

Moved a little closer to the point and located a solid school of yakka's :yahoo: .....kids were throwing out nippers and landed a few solid Trev's...couldn't get the grins off their faces.....

Little Poddy + Son of Cousin = Mayhem/Noise if not catching Trev's

post-4925-1215041224_thumb.jpg

Little Poddy Trev

post-4925-1215041296_thumb.jpg

Little Poddy Trev

post-4925-1215041920_thumb.jpg

Put one of the kids on the bait jig and she quickly sorted out our yakka requirements for the ensuring Jew session.

4.00pm child drop off time back at Tom Ugly's where the mum's (freshly pedicured I might add, a small price to pay for a childless fishing session that night) picked up the kids.

Slammed a Paul's hamburger on the way to Como bridge to set up for the evening.

Cracking night, only a gentle breeze on the run out tide but we froze our freckles off.

Yakka's down as darkness fell without a some much as a touch for the first 3 hours.....a quick relocation making far to much noise and giving ourselves another 30 mins before giving into the coldness. An instant run no sooner than the yakka was dropped down....but we couldn't come up tight on him.

Another 3 hours later we decide to call it a night!!!!

Anyway, we figure we are at least 6 hours closer to boating our first jew and a good bottle of Red certianly went down a treat on the evening to takethe edge off our disappointment.....

(It's funny what you think of when you are cold, we were trying to work out if we could put in one of those outdoor gas heaters in the boat the next time we ventured out for a mid winter jew session.)

Edited by Poddy Trapper

(It's funny what you think of when you are cold, we were trying to work out if we could put in one of those outdoor gas heaters in the boat the next time we ventured out for a mid winter jew session.)

Good report mate, the kids look happy with the trevors... :thumbup:

As for your gas heater idea, I've seen it done before so maybe not as crazy as you think.

Cheers

Tony