Kingiemaster Is Back....kind Of

kingiemaster

Howdy raiders,

Got a call from my fishing mate Mark last Friday who suggested we go for a fish in Middle Harbour as he had first hand reports of kings being caught a few days earlier. I met him through my tennis club (where I also met my girlfirend interestingly enough) and had never fished together before, or at least not in the same boat.

So we met at Tunks late Friday night and then went to the Spit to get some squid. 6 hours later we had a couple dozen squidies and cuttlefish ranging from littlins less than 10 cm to several biggins over 25cm, including a nice sized southern calamari squid.

With sun almost up we anchored at the recommended spot (I won’t narrow it down but it was somewhere off Seaforth). Wasn’t long before the rods were twitching and bouncing and we were on.

Over the next 2-3 hours we landed 6 Kings ranging from 65 to 75cm with plenty fish failing to hook up in between. Good result but problem was I couldn’t hook any fish on my outfit on my side of the boat :1badmood:. Some fish seemed to be tentative (my side/shore side) whilst others jumped on to the baits and wouldn’t let go (my mates side/drop off side). So I resorted to taking the last hook up on my mates outfit which had caught all but one of the fish :thumbup:.

With the tide change they seemed to disappear so we headed back to the ramp.

It was absolutely freezing before sun up, especially in the wind in an open tinny :wacko: , so not completely convinced it is was worth it but not a bad session overall.

Bring on spring/summer.