2008 Model Tica Ge10000

winfield

hi all just brought this 2008 Model Tica GE10000 scepter reel ...cant find any reviews just wondering if anyones had go on one.got it for $65bux..did i just get ripped off or is it a fair buy???thanks

post-7132-1215678521_thumb.jpg

Hi winfield 252001 I've got an older Tica Dolphin and two 2005 model Ticas Scepters exactly the same as the one in the photo. The only problem is that the plastic surround at the back of the spool is a poor fit that comes off easily, and may involve the line and/or stop the reel from turning while playing a decent fish. The rest of the reel is well designed and the GE10000 will easily handle any fish in the line class. However, unless they've improved on the design, put the surround thru a bit of a test and you'll see what I mean.

The plastic surround is unnecessary according to the Tica factory. I threw mine away and my reels perform just as well without the plastic surround. Apart from that you have paid an absolute bargain price for a serious reel that has everything going for it, a good quality shaft, s/s bearings and the very effective heavy duty Tica drag system plus Tica's world wide reputation.

I have an idea the price of the whole range was dramatically reduced because of the poor design of the plastic surrounds.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

thank you very much for the info jew gaffer,i saw it and it was shiny and i got it for a bargin ..me happy

i love impulse shopping with my wifes credit card . now time to get a rod for the new reel

thanks again jew gaffer