Coal And Candle

winfield

me and a couple boys heading up to coal and candle for two nights anybody fished there,becouse of the time line exploreation maybe out of the question.and allso some landbased spots myself coz i turn into a human berly machine,having said that i know fishos keep there cards close to there chest but just point me in the right direction and what fish to target and i will be foreva greatful.so on that note im going to throw the book at the place from whiting and bream to jews and king fish im a taking all my gear,and have been conditioning myself for the last 5months in the discipline of Sleep deprivation 47 hours str8 fishing so far

we going to put in at cottage point so somewhere in that vicinity will be awsome

Hi mate,

We stay at cottage pt a few times a year and have gotten to know the area well. Are you going to have a boat at all? If you do i would definitely recommend going outside coal and candle as from the shore you are a bit restricted. Try Waratah Bay, Jerusalem and other deep water spots for hairtail and john dory and livies.

Try Yeomans bay for John Dory and possibly Hairtail, you should be able to get yakkas in coal and candle maybe around akuna bay. Akuna Bay also has some thumper bream hanging around the marina. Right at the end of the mechanics boat shed place, it is quite narrow and they don't like you fishing there so try it when nobody is around, we tried it at dusk floating bread in a bread burley trail and boy those fish are smart, they know exactly where the hooked pieces are.

Good Luck

Josh

Hi mate,

We stay at cottage pt a few times a year and have gotten to know the area well. Are you going to have a boat at all? If you do i would definitely recommend going outside coal and candle as from the shore you are a bit restricted. Try Waratah Bay, Jerusalem and other deep water spots for hairtail and john dory and livies.

Try Yeomans bay for John Dory and possibly Hairtail, you should be able to get yakkas in coal and candle maybe around akuna bay. Akuna Bay also has some thumper bream hanging around the marina. Right at the end of the mechanics boat shed place, it is quite narrow and they don't like you fishing there so try it when nobody is around, we tried it at dusk floating bread in a bread burley trail and boy those fish are smart, they know exactly where the hooked pieces are.

Good Luck

Josh

thanks for the info josh but have you heard of any jews being taken in that part of the world ,im on google earth and getting a birds eye view it looks very jewish, also had a mate that caught a snapper round them areas..or is he just pulling my leg

Hey Mate,

Coal and Candle is an alright place to start. If you have a boat try moving around like josh said to the bays inside smiths creek. Smiths creek have 3 bays, all these bays have a sandy bank at the end, weed then a big dropoff. This is good for squid, whiting and flatties. Jewies have been caught in these areas, trust me i know. There are alot of small pink snappers around the area, so that could be what your friend was talk about.

Mate, all the best and let me know how you go.

Mike

thanks bro i will keep u up to date need all the help i can get

thanks for the info josh but have you heard of any jews being taken in that part of the world ,im on google earth and getting a birds eye view it looks very jewish, also had a mate that caught a snapper round them areas..or is he just pulling my leg

There are plenty of jews throughout the system, pretty much all the bays i mentioned are possibilities for jewies and we've managed a few soapies here and there mainly around cowan pt and jerusalem bay, i would think fishing a bit further downstream e.g around Juno would be a bit more productive.

I've heard of the good occasional snapper taken in cowan but we've never managed a legal one out of there.

Josh