What Type Of Electric Motor

gizodiver

I am told I need a electric motor to fish estuary's properly especially bream, I have a 4.6 metre stebercraft Runabout fibreglass with a 50 Johnson, I would prefer a alluminium open deck boat but changing boats is not an option.

i am looking at the Jarvis Walker 54lb transom mount, does anyone know if this is powerful enought for my boat?(being fibreglass and therfore ab it heavier) or have any other suggestions, I am on a budget and don't want to spend to much.

Cheers

Edited by gizodiver

I am told I need a electric motor to fish estuary's properly especially bream, I have a 4.6 metre stebercraft Runabout with a 50 Johnson, I would prefer a alluminium open deck boat but changing boats is not an option.

i am looking at the Jarvis Walker 54lb transom mount, does anyone know if this is powerful enought for my boat? or have any other suggestions, I am on a budget and don't want to spend to much.

Cheers

Yes, 54Lb will be powerful enough to fish estuaries for bream. I have the same thrust on my similar boat to yours. Look around there is another thread on this stuff somewhere.

hi mate the 54pnd water snake will do fine and their a good leccy to, my opinion if you bag them you havnt used them i got mine when they were first released the only prob iv had was the foot pedal which i had sent back they said it was faulty and replaced it straight away no dramas at all oh yeah it pulls my 435 hornet with 2 adults and gear and full live well no probs all day off the charge of one battery if you wanna see wat their like i should be at the social this weekend(late sat arvo through to lunch sunday) if your going keep a eye out for me and give me a holla

just noticed your looking at a transom mount i would suggest looking into a bow mount the foot control worth the little extra money especially if your gonna be flicking plastics and hard bodies around control where and how fast you wanna go with your foot which leaves all your consentration on fishing not having to worrie about steering the boat with your hands

mick

Edited by breamhntr

I agree with Mick. I also own the bow mount 54lb watersnake. I even use it to troll small hard bodies with it goes that quick - that's in my 3.5mtr brooker.

I defo recommend the bow mount if you have the space to put it because to be able to foot control everything and be able to cast at the same time is a great advantage. Especially in shallow water finesse fishing.

The only negative i will say is that with the watersnake you have to take your foot of the directionals to use the thrust i.e a seperate button for left, right and a roller for speeed. So i will often have to look down at the footswitch to make sure i'm pressing the right buttons - maybe i just need more practise! I think in Minkotas it's all done with one pedal by just angling it left or right and up and down for speed.

Heaps cheaper though and i've caught a stack of fish with it. I don't know how people spin in quiet water without one to be honest.