Cairns Jacks

dougtovey

HEY RAIDERS

Just returned from a trip up north qld escaping from the cold city for a week had a ball in the rivers up their, fishing for g.t s, queenies, tarpon, sootys, jungle perch and jacks no barra were found.

Set out on the last day keen for my 1st mangrove jack and in the last half an hour of my trip i finally hooked into one land based on the other side of the river, pulling it out free from a nasty looking snag and getting it to the other side of the river we noticed his best mate wasnt leaving his side following him in all the way to our feet. After getting a few shots we sent him back to his home and then straight of to the airport. we were fishing the russell river.

this is my first post hope you like it.

post-8004-1216799324_thumb.jpg

:1welcomeani: Jitterbug

Great first post with a nice looking Jack :thumbup:

Heading to Cairns in Sept with Sorro and hoping to get into

the local Jacks and some Emperor and Coral Trout

Is that near the airport where the highway bridge is, I 've been

checking that area on Google Earth :1prop: and it

looks good for Jack

Chris

yeah fellas we got some good fingermark in the daintree river and gt s and queenies on the flats down at hinchenbrook channel. the lure was from ecogear but not sure of the name of it cause i cant find it anymore out thier. the russel river is about half an hour south of cairns and is an amazing looking river watch out for the crocs and have fun good luck.

Great Jack mate, congrats. Im still waiting for the day that I bring in one of these beauties. Ive had my fair share of losses tho.

And well done on letting her go to fight another day. I've heard their not the fastest breeders and are slow at maturing.

Good one mate.

Charmo

• 2 weeks later...

Mate of mine owns a pub up near there at a place called Macnade. It's on the road that takes you down to the Lucinda sugar wharf which is basically the entrance to the Hinchinbrook Passage. I was up there a few years ago and caught a Jack about that size in the local creek - not very good eating imo though. Oh , and yes , they do have their resident croc in the nearby creek. He does fishing holidays with boats available as well if any one is interested, staying at the pub. Not real flash, but the tucker's good and the p*** is cold.

Swordie, is this ok??

Cheers, Russ.

Mate of mine owns a pub up near there at a place called Macnade. It's on the road that takes you down to the Lucinda sugar wharf which is basically the entrance to the Hinchinbrook Passage. I was up there a few years ago and caught a Jack about that size in the local creek - not very good eating imo though. Oh , and yes , they do have their resident croc in the nearby creek. He does fishing holidays with boats available as well if any one is interested, staying at the pub. Not real flash, but the tucker's good and the p*** is cold.

Swordie, is this ok??

Cheers, Russ.

tuffy that sounds insane ill keep that in mind when im up their next thanks mate.

and yes it is an amazing place to fish best country we have.

tuffy that sounds insane ill keep that in mind when im up their next thanks mate.

and yes it is an amazing place to fish best country we have.

Ahhh north Queensland, i often stay at a quiet suger town called Taylors Beach, near Lucinda..... great part of this magnificent country. I know the pub your talking about....