Forster Blackies With Gdcalmer

arpie

Hi guys

Wendy & I headed out at 8am this morning, to try & tempt some pesky blackies onto our hooks ..... I'd tried land based yesterday for zip (2 nice ones busted me off tho - one was particularly nice! :( ) All the traces & hooks were new, so he must have been a good one! The bend in the rod told the story, then it came up straight! :(

Today, however, there was a bit of a wind, but we were determined to get out! We only had some pretty old weed & almost dead cabbage, so was relieved to find some in & around one of the leases! :) I managed a nice 35cm fish on some cabbage, :) then it all shut down! :( Fished on for another hour (after Wendy had headed to the peace & quiet of the channel where we had launched ....)

Eventually I came back to the Breck Channel & tried some cabbage there, but they just weren't interested, so changed to weed & lo & Behold, a nice fish, just below 35cm jumped on! :) Shortly after I got a throwback, then another & thought I'd done my dash (it would have been nice to get 3 fish, so I could make my famous Smoked Fish Pie ....) and then, the last fish jumped on, a healthy 30cm!

Wendy wasn't able to find any legals today, but had fun trying!! Next time, Mate!!!

post-2231-1217052242_thumb.jpg

These 3 will be destined for the smoker tomorrow & fish pie with mashed potato on top on Monday! :) YUM!

Cheerio for now

Roberta

Hey Roberta

That's three lovely fish to salvage what started out as a pretty ordinary day on the water. :thumbup:

They can be fickle buggers at times, can't they? At Spot A all they want is cabbage and at Spot B they won't touch your hook unless you're offering weed :1badmood: A shame Wendy didn't have a great deal of success today :(

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Hodgey

Thanks guys - Hodgey, we'll be going out again on Tues, probably at Tuncurry for flatties - we have to get Wendy into a good fish in her new yak!! She thinks she left her mojo on mine, when she handed it back! She has had some good fish on (including a cracker of a flattie) but they all got off! :(

Glenn - guess where I got busted off twice yesterday??? Yep - where I got the 3 when you were here! :) Hmmmm, on big high tides, I'd be trying around the Spit ( or give Luderick59 a yahoo & get out with him :) :)) He is the Blackie Master!!!

Hi Squidboy - I love reading about your squid!! :1prop: We could start a mutual admiration society??? One day, I'll become proficient at squid fishing as well :wacko:

Cheerio

ROberta

Edited by Roberta

Thanks guys - Hodgey, we'll be going out again on Tues, probably at Tuncurry for flatties - we have to get Wendy into a good fish in her new yak!! She thinks she left her mojo on mine, when she handed it back! She has had some good fish on (including a cracker of a flattie) but they all got off! :(

Glenn - guess where I got busted off twice yesterday??? Yep - where I got the 3 when you were here! :) Hmmmm, on big high tides, I'd be trying around the Spit ( or give Luderick59 a yahoo & get out with him :) :)) He is the Blackie Master!!!

Hi Squidboy - I love reading about your squid!! :1prop: We could start a mutual admiration society??? One day, I'll become proficient at squid fishing as well :wacko:

Cheerio

ROberta

Thanks for the PM Roberta, have to give those spots a go!. Mnaged to get my hands on some green weed & cabbage flies. They look so real. Heard people have had good sucess using the conventional float fishing way. Have to give them a go with my regular weed & cabbage. Sounds like some big fish at that spot we fished together. Is the boat still there?

Nice fish Roberta. They're obviously the ones that have managed to avoid being eaten by large East Coast Flathead now that Hodgey's thinned their numbers a bit. Glad you're still getting your beloved Blackies... makes the cold worth braving to be getting so much yumminess into the smoker.

Cheers, Slinky

well done roberta the fishing in sydney is very slow[to cold to clear]so your reports are a god send

i think it's about time you posted some pic's of the blackys coming out off the smoker and then maybe one off the pie mmmmmmmmmmmmpieeeee

we all love your posts and with pic's off the end result we will be drooling as well

cherrs gary

hehehe It was colder in the house yesterday than it was outside!! :1yikes: Went back & got a few more, so now I can make a spare pie for the freezer too! :) :)

Hey Brickman - I'll try & remember to take some photos today when I do the deed!!! Will take a pie or 2 down to Sydney with me for Keith's dinner Fri night - he's doing a 10k race on Sunday! Good energy food!

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Glenn - it comes & goes!!

Edited by Roberta