Finally The New Boat Is Finished!

PM79

Well it's been a few months (I got a bit slack) but the boat is finally done.

This boat is a downgrade from our last which was a 5.3m, we found that offshore just wasn't our cup of tea.

We gave it a shot for a few years with good success but we missed what a smaller boat brings to fishing so we sold it and bought a second hand 2003 model 4.3m brooker hull which had had nothing done to it, just an unpainted hull.

The ideas were flowing while we were checking this boat out and after we bought it we got some basic ideas together and got to work.

Although there were a few differences of opinion a long the way it turned out exactly how I pictured it and I think we're both pretty happy with the end result.

Here are some pics of our new baby, I wish I had a before picture to show but I forgot to take a photo of it when we got it.

boat1.jpg

I had seen a members boat (can't remember who but thanks for the idea) where they had put a small box on the side of the boat, attached the cutting board to the top of it and then the sounder and switchboard were put below the cutting board on the side of the box for the driver to see.

I took that idea on board but it didn't turn out to be very practical for our boat so I modified it a bit and below is the end result.

boat3.jpg

boat4.jpg

For the motor we decided on the latest model Mercury 4-Stroke 30HP EFI and it's amazing.

We ended up having to install a permatrim as we were having some planing issues and with me being a big guy it definitely helps when I'm out on my own.

It's been a while since I drove a boat with a tiller but this engine makes the boat go like a nightmare, I can't wait to get it back out on the water and take it for a spin which hopefully if the weather holds will be tomorrow.

boat2.jpg

Edited by reLapse