Cooks / Boatny Session

mitch

G'day Raiders,

Just a quick report, not all that exciting unfortunatly. I had to drop the missus at the airport this morning at the beautiful hour of 0530. I figured if i had to drive all the way there i would be towing the boat and having a bit of a flick.

On the water at about 0600 and it was freezing. I wasn't game enough to start the main motor so just leccied my way to the first bridge. Just as the sun was coming up i was starting to cast. Second cast with a blade and i had number 1 in the well. not a monster but around early 30's. a couple more tiddlers from this bridge and that was about it. decided to move to some of my more usual haunts. Picked up a couple more bream, still nothing of great size. after about 45 mins of not a lot of action i hooked up solid as the beautiful ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound and ......catchya. another jewie does me over. ya get that. Have been lucky enough to get quite a few in the same spot over the last couple of months.

Moved out into the bay and the conditions were great, damn cold at full noise across the bay though. Pretty quite out there so decided to putt around watching the sounder for any action. Came across about 5-6 big schools of fish but unfortunatly they all turned out to be Tailor. a couple of larger models came onboard and the usual bite offs. Also managed to pick up a couple of bream and trevors underneath the choppers.

So there it is. A bit quite but still got into a few. Sorry no pics this time, too damn cold to work the camera and well nothing really that exciting.

Was planning to hit middle harbour tomorrow but hace settled on Berowra for another freezing morning. Hope tomorrows report has a bit of action

Mitch

G'day Raiders,

Just a quick report, not all that exciting unfortunatly. I had to drop the missus at the airport this morning at the beautiful hour of 0530. I figured if i had to drive all the way there i would be towing the boat and having a bit of a flick.

On the water at about 0600 and it was freezing. I wasn't game enough to start the main motor so just leccied my way to the first bridge. Just as the sun was coming up i was starting to cast. Second cast with a blade and i had number 1 in the well. not a monster but around early 30's. a couple more tiddlers from this bridge and that was about it. decided to move to some of my more usual haunts. Picked up a couple more bream, still nothing of great size. after about 45 mins of not a lot of action i hooked up solid as the beautiful ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound and ......catchya. another jewie does me over. ya get that. Have been lucky enough to get quite a few in the same spot over the last couple of months.

Moved out into the bay and the conditions were great, damn cold at full noise across the bay though. Pretty quite out there so decided to putt around watching the sounder for any action. Came across about 5-6 big schools of fish but unfortunatly they all turned out to be Tailor. a couple of larger models came onboard and the usual bite offs. Also managed to pick up a couple of bream and trevors underneath the choppers.

So there it is. A bit quite but still got into a few. Sorry no pics this time, too damn cold to work the camera and well nothing really that exciting.

Was planning to hit middle harbour tomorrow but hace settled on Berowra for another freezing morning. Hope tomorrows report has a bit of action

Mitch

Ah well atleast you got a few fish and give the boat a run mate

True, The boat needed a good run. I just hope this weather holds up tomorrow. showers with costal wind warnings and cold inland winds. Heading down to berowra for sure now. Would not like to be on pitty or MH tomorrow i don't think

Mitch