Does Anyone Trade In Shares?

shefford

Looking at having a go in either

Commsec or Anz etrade (current bank)

Commsec seems easy to use (dad trades heavily in it), haven't seen etrade in practice.

Does anyone invest/trade in shares on a small scale 5000-10000?

Edited by iricangi

Hi mate

I use Etrade for arround $30 a trade it is very easy to use and lots of tips info available on it

I have a mate that uses commsec and his trades are slightly cheaper but he dosnt get the same amount of info and tips that Etrade provides

In my opinion both are good platforms and eazy to use

However I would be very careful what I invested in over the next 12 to 24 months and never margin lend !

Just my opinion

Arked

Hi mate

I use Etrade for arround $30 a trade it is very easy to use and lots of tips info available on it

I have a mate that uses commsec and his trades are slightly cheaper but he dosnt get the same amount of info and tips that Etrade provides

In my opinion both are good platforms and eazy to use

However I would be very careful what I invested in over the next 12 to 24 months and never margin lend !

Just my opinion

Arked

very hard times to trade at the moment but in saying that there are a lot of cheep stocks around if your prepared to hold on to them. The banking sector is very cheap at the moment.

as far as trading platforms i use comsec and have no problems with it.

good luck and as arked said be carefull on margin loans at the moment. market is very volitile.

G'day irikanji

I use NAB National On Line Trading. I find it pretty good. Trades under $25 000.00 are $29.95 in and the same out.

Rule No 1

DO NOT invest money you cannot afford to loose.

Ruke No 2

Have a goal ie 5% return, 10% etc

Rule No 3

Buy Quality shares

Rule No 4

Do your own research and get to know a stock or a sector. DO NOT listen to your mates especially the ones down the pub!!!

There are very good buys at the moment but DO NOT margin lend at the moment it is far too volatile.

cheers

inhlanzi

hey guys i looked at neagative gearing 18 months ago with one off the top 3

i put in 50 they put in 100 and they invest at whatever risk your willing to take

i thought the market was over priced so i waited

well a lot has happened in 18 months

my 50 would now be worth 28

i follow world markets and i truly beleve the market has yet to bottom the full extent of the us morgage shit fight has yet to be relised

it seemes every one had i finger in the pie and they will all get burned in the next 12 months

the trigger will be the us imports from china once they slow that will spark world ressesion

i'm old and remember the last real ressesion we had 30 years ago no work for 8 months

most people under 40 have never seen bad times they do happen and we are well and truely over due

i'm in the eng. industry the earth moving gear stopped 6 months ago so nsw is already in ressesion

once they stop digging holes it is 6 month later that everyones work slowes down

gary

Edited by brickman