Advice Need Stuck Jigging Rod

prlcct10192105

I had a problem with two of my jigging rods(shimano deep jig 400 & Smith Ninra). After a days fishing it is impossible to separate the 2 sections of the rod, as I do not want to damage the rod by holding the guides is there a better way to free the 2 sections, the sections were not jammed tight and this is the first time that this has happened. I noticed that it will make thing worst if applied wax or lube to the rod.

Has this happened before and what is the best way to separate the sections? (hot water or cold water water)Also any advice on how to prevent the above happening again. Your help will be much appreciated,

Dan

I had a problem with two of my jigging rods(shimano deep jig 400 & Smith Ninra). After a days fishing it is impossible to separate the 2 sections of the rod, as I do not want to damage the rod by holding the guides is there a better way to free the 2 sections, the sections were not jammed tight and this is the first time that this has happened. I noticed that it will make thing worst if applied wax or lube to the rod.

Has this happened before and what is the best way to separate the sections? (hot water or cold water water)Also any advice on how to prevent the above happening again. Your help will be much appreciated,

Dan

hey Dan,

SlinkyMalinky made a post about this a few weeks back.

He found a good way to do it and that was to put some ice on the male part of the join for a few minutes before trying to separate it again.

Chris

here is Slinky's post: http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=32250

Dan

Hey Dan... how'd you go with getting your rod unstuck?

No luck mate. I've tried everything. Ice /hot water and pull as hard as I can but still can't unstuck the rod ;(

It was exactly the same model rod I had stuck when I tried the ice. I waited a good 15 minutes with the ice wrapped around the top section at the join before trying if that makes any difference.

Cheers, Slinky

• 3 years later...

What I have found works is to grab an old bike tube (thin) and wind it around the male end tight just next to the join. Get someone to hold the thick end and twist in opposite directions.

You can get serious pressure on the join without damaging your rod.

It worked for me after trying all the other ideas.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Mate just spit in the female part.

I have the same issue with my surf rods, before i put them together i spit in it and slide it down as if i was screwing it.

It usually stays lubricated for the whole session.

Not the cleanest way but works every time.

Stan