Boat Show 2008

GregL

Hi fellow Raiders

I was in town on Friday arvo doing some clothes shopping, had a call from one of the boys at BRP telling me of a boat I mentioned I was considering buying was on display. With the wind blowing 35kn+ and sideways rain coming down I didn't get to go out into the marina area but hell, I can't afford any of them anyways!!

I did a quick lap of the convention centre area and then met up with the importers of Contender Boats.

This was the first time I have seen one in the flesh, what a sight to be seen!!

If your in the market for a pure offshore lure casting fishing boat this is a must see!!

I drooled over the 25 Sports, it's a 28ft OAL and the internal space must be seen to believe. Totally rigged already with twin 250 ETECS it's ment to top out at 63mph on it's water tests, fast enough to still be able to go around half the bream boat fleet in a 28fter! :yahoo:

If your still to go, check out these babies, TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL!

Around the door 4 area in the middle.

If you've been what was the best thing that caught your eye?

Now I just have to find out the bow level to water line length to see if I can fit a bigass 101lb Minn Kota on the front :thumbup: and keep saving tho's bikkies up!

Greg

haha dose the girl at the fusion stall count

???

maybe she thought she was going to the sex expo :1yikes:

favourite thing would have to be that hand crafted wooden canoe...just beautiful!!

also,some of the "next generation" sounders were impressive,almost like having a video camera down there.

edit: biggest disapointment would have to be the fishing tackle stalls...no real bargains there. though if i was a camper i think i would have bought one of those portable fish cleaning tables,quite handy!

Edited by hooked4life

Had a pretty great time all round, and scored pretty well also! I snagged a couple of free passes from work to start with, then after a bit of wandering and drooling, sat down to listen to M.F. journo Phil Atkinson give a great fishing clinic, and managed to win his "Marlin off the Rocks" dvd by answering a piss easy question (bloody incredible dvd by the way!).

Gotta say my favourite exhibit was also the Contenders (insert "drooling emoticon" here). The yanks sure do know how to make a seriously sex centre console!

Edited by g.t.

Hi fellow Raiders

I was in town on Friday arvo doing some clothes shopping, had a call from one of the boys at BRP telling me of a boat I mentioned I was considering buying was on display. With the wind blowing 35kn+ and sideways rain coming down I didn't get to go out into the marina area but hell, I can't afford any of them anyways!!

I did a quick lap of the convention centre area and then met up with the importers of Contender Boats.

If your in the market for a pure offshore lure casting fishing boat this is a must see!!

I drooled over the 25 Sports, it's a 28ft OAL and the internal space must be seen to believe. Totally rigged already with twin 250 ETECS it's ment to top out at 63mph on it's water tests, fast enough to still be able to go around half the bream boat fleet in a 28fter! :yahoo:

Now I just have to find out the bow level to water line length to see if I can fit a bigass 101lb Minn Kota on the front :thumbup: and keep saving tho's bikkies up!

Greg

Hey guys,

Im new to the site and bloody love it.

Lots of good info and genuine people by the sounds of it :thumbup::thumbup:

Any way, the boat show was tops but I also was a little disapointed with the lack of profesional tackle stalls. the ones that where there looked like the $2 bins in your local weekend market :thumbdown: Thats my oppinion anyway....

Never the less the boats where awsom and my :wife: gave me a hammering when I got home when I told her that I wanted to upgrade my 5.25m 2007 ally for one of those american built centre consols...

Any way keep up the good chats and FISH ON!

sat down to listen to M.F. journo Phil Atkinson give a great fishing clinic,

wasn't it interesting! the part about beach/rock lure fishing for jew was [for me] a real eye opener, i had no idea how shallow/close to shore they sometimes sat!

ps, i think phil made the question "p*ss easy" to give the young ones a chance ;)

wasn't it interesting! the part about beach/rock lure fishing for jew was [for me] a real eye opener, i had no idea how shallow/close to shore they sometimes sat!

ps, i think phil made the question "p*ss easy" to give the young ones a chance ;)

he he he he he he :Funny-Post:

Hi fellow Raiders

Greg

Those contenders aren't bad boats. Need a bit of work to get them up to spec but the basic package is pretty good. Handles the offshore conditions without drama. Cheers Kelvin

G'day,

I had to rush around as it was meant to be a romantic weekend to celebrate an anniversary. I went looking for a potential new boat but could hardly find a centre consol in the entire hall of trailer boats.

Did manage to catch a great talk by Scott Amon which was great to help me get better value out of my flash Lowrance sounder.

cheers

For me there were two highlights, the 30 foot Grady White walkaround in the marina.....What a weekend fishing boat... The way the Yanks finish their boats is second to none. Some might say they overdo it but when you compare the price and quality it is difficult to argue.

Second and most importantly the bargains..... I took home a TLD50, Tcurve 24kg bluewater and a Tcurve 15kg Bluewater Spin rod.... All for a $700 bucks....

WOOOHOOO... Now all i need is a boat :074: Nah. got that covered.

For anyone who hasn't been this year and can take the time off tomorrow, I suggest you do.. Last day and the prices are sure to fall even further.

Cheers

Sponot

Whoops! Maybe you're right :blush: ... Now I'm cringing- feeling like the guy who's stolen the candy from a baby! Oh well :1wallbash:

Edited by g.t.

favourite thing would have to be that hand crafted wooden canoe...just beautiful!!

Saw that to, bloody to nice to get wet!

There was a carbon fibre kyak that looked the goods, think it was $6k but there still wasn't any rod holders on it! :wacko::tease::074: