Billfisher? Should Be Called Snapperfisher

GregL

It was Pattys birthday last week so I thought a trip out snapper fishing would be a nice surprise. Out came Alf his father came too, they haven't fished togther in many years so it was going to be a trip down memory lane......

I booked Glenn on Billfisher to take us out and he put us straight into the fish on my first drop.

The fish weren't big and not eating us out of the boat but it was consistant fishing without the usual rubbish. All in all we ended up with around 25 keepers for the day and what a fun day we had.

The weather was perfect with a slight breeze and a slow rolly swell.

With pods of dolphins and seals swimming past the boat occasionally there was never a boring moment.

Thanks again the crew of Billfisher for another cracker day out on the blue and Happy Birthday again Pat!

A couple of nicer ones for the day

post-3563-1217898849_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1217901144_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Greg

Some great eating size snapper greg........hint hint :biggrin2: .

I'm not going to cook everyone lunch in the shop again like I did with the Tunas!

BUt I recon they would only take maybe 3 mins each under the Breville Health Grill all up with the double sided cooking hehehe

G

So will we expect the next Catalogue in the mail to be offering something like the following?

'RED SPOT SPECIAL' - Ex Demo Breville Health Grill's used only once - Great Condition - perfect for Grilling whole Snapper!!!! Limited number....Don't miss out!!!!

Well done on the Red's.....those hunter boys seem to have all the bases covered.

It was Pattys birthday last week so I thought a trip out snapper fishing would be a nice surprise. Out came Alf his father came too, they haven't fished togther in many years so it was going to be a trip down memory lane......

I booked Glenn on Billfisher to take us out and he put us straight into the fish on my first drop.

The fish weren't big and not eating us out of the boat but it was consistant fishing without the usual rubbish. All in all we ended up with around 25 keepers for the day and what a fun day we had.

The weather was perfect with a slight breeze and a slow rolly swell.

With pods of dolphins and seals swimming past the boat occasionally there was never a boring moment.

Thanks again the crew of Billfisher for another cracker day out on the blue and Happy Birthday again Pat!

A couple of nicer ones for the day

post-3563-1217898849_thumb.jpg

post-3563-1217901144_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Greg

Greg,

Great report glad to hear you went well I rang Glenn and he reported 25 snapper at 3 ish , but said they were smallish, but those two your holding up would do me There a couple of beauties.

Roscoe

Thanks everyone for your comments.

The area we fished was at the hump. We dropped the anchor and stayed there the whole day.

The bite did slow down during the tide change and then picked up again later.

After eating a few fish over the the last few days, NOW I REMEMBER WHY I USE TO LOVE CATCHING SNAPPERS! Yum yum they are sensational on the chew!

Snappers are just starting to fire up and now with the tunas so inconsistant it just makes the decission so much more easy on what to target for the day.

I like fishing with the Hunter boys, They are so accomadating with my requests and do everything in their powers to make sure I have a cracker day. I usually take all my own gear(they also can supply it for you) and might even fish a little differently compared to most but they will always give me advice on how to improve what I am doing and are very open in seeing any new techniques.

The deckies are great, always there over the burley table, ready to take fish off the hook and NOTHING BETTER THAN WALKING INTO THE HOUSE AND YOUR FISH HAVE BEEN CLEANED FOR YOU!!!

If you have ever thought about it, grab some mates and get out for a great day!

Cheers

Greg

Thanks everyone for your comments.

The area we fished was at the hump. We dropped the anchor and stayed there the whole day.

The bite did slow down during the tide change and then picked up again later.

After eating a few fish over the the last few days, NOW I REMEMBER WHY I USE TO LOVE CATCHING SNAPPERS! Yum yum they are sensational on the chew!

Snappers are just starting to fire up and now with the tunas so inconsistant it just makes the decission so much more easy on what to target for the day.

I like fishing with the Hunter boys, They are so accomadating with my requests and do everything in their powers to make sure I have a cracker day. I usually take all my own gear(they also can supply it for you) and might even fish a little differently compared to most but they will always give me advice on how to improve what I am doing and are very open in seeing any new techniques.

The deckies are great, always there over the burley table, ready to take fish off the hook and NOTHING BETTER THAN WALKING INTO THE HOUSE AND YOUR FISH HAVE BEEN CLEANED FOR YOU!!!

If you have ever thought about it, grab some mates and get out for a great day!

Cheers

Greg

Greg,

"Jeez Mate Couldn't have put it better myself" Thanks for your kind words. Although Glenn and myself always try hard for our clients...it is so nice to be appreciatted. We do thank you. It is always apleasure to fish with you and your friends

Ross Hunter