Unshackled At Last

OWZAT

G`day Fellas ,

Finished Putting my bets on for the day , and checked the weather.

Looking Good , so as I was feeling slightly claustrophobic , I grabbed my gear and legged it down the Beach.

Lobbed a 1/2 pillie into a tiny gutter behind the school , then , upon seeing a huge flock of blackbirds out wide , I rummaged for the camera , but realised I had left it on the Table.

Rebaited after some picker nicked my bait , and cast back out into the puddle.

No sooner had my bait hit the bottom Wham ! , off went shovelnose No I.

The bugger gave a good tussle for a while , but soon after , I had a good 1.5 metre Shovelnose on the beach , but my brand new 5/O chem shapened hook was deep inside , so I cut the line and returned it to the drink .

Caught another one almost straight away , although much smaller at 100 cms , and as hook was deep , also cut him loose .

Then , three legal tailor hit me one after the other , which were all 35 cms long.

So , I filleted them on the spot and they are now cuddling up to some salt Doonas in the Garage, just in time too , I was almost out of salted tailor fillets.

Next , another Shovelnose , and once again about a 100 cms , and again the hook was deep.

Thinking back , all the Sharks were extremely fat around the belly section , but I couldn`t tell wether they had just been simply stuffing themselves , or perhaps just preggas .

Got burnt too which took me by surprise .

Mick

G`day Fellas,

Fishing Badgers Beach at Old Bar Steve, actually I was going back down about an hour ago , but the grandson came over for a Visit ( Web Surf ) , so I had to Stay with him and supervise.

I actually feel a bit too tired now though , the sun sapped all my energy today for some reason.

Hey Kiki , I`ll bet ya my young fella is cursing about now , he`s off to Sydney Ist thing in the morning and will be back Monday Arvo .

Mate , You can just feel something in the air here at the moment , I reckon Some Good Jews will be taken later tonight.

Mick

Thanks Mick, I'm home sick..........again :biggrin2:

All I got today was a dozen+ beers and a wayward stripper at the pub. :thumbup:

Save some action for easter. :1fishing1:

cheers

Hooky

30551[/snapback]

Nice one Hooky, thats catch of the day I reckon.

I had a day on the turps down your way (I think) at Cambletown. After eating all the hosts food and drinking their grog I then proceeded to get their names wrong as I left. And not just a little bit wrong either.

BTW Good report Mick - I was all excited about the shark reference until I saw they were shovelnoses.

Edited by mark_s