Time Well Spent

slinkymalinky

With the slow fishing reports I went out on the harbour today with the sole aim of checking out a programming in marks to my GPS for when the fishing improves. I carried a few rods but out of 5 hours on the water I had lures in the water for maybe 10 minutes.

In case you're wondering whether it's worthwhile... I've collected at least 200 potential marks from heaps of sources for the Sydney area and having checked out only a handful today inside the harbour, I discovered 3 big wrecks, 3 much smaller wrecks, a couple of big caves and a bunch of isolated reefs. I've never seen boats on any of them so they're obviously only known by a few. You can bet I'll be working them over soon.

I've still got mountains of potentials to check out. I've promised Jewgaffer to get him out there to check a few more sometime soon.

Oh... and before you start sending me angry PMs... no, I'm not going to divulge where any of them are except to my closest raider buddies. Sorry, but good spots away from the crowds are like hens' teeth in Sydney. With a bit of homework anyone can do the same thing.

Cheers, Slinky

PS... It's cold out there :frozen:

With the slow fishing reports I went out on the harbour today with the sole aim of checking out a programming in marks to my GPS for when the fishing improves. I carried a few rods but out of 5 hours on the water I had lures in the water for maybe 10 minutes.

In case you're wondering whether it's worthwhile... I've collected at least 200 potential marks from heaps of sources for the Sydney area and having checked out only a handful today inside the harbour, I discovered 3 big wrecks, 3 much smaller wrecks, a couple of big caves and a bunch of isolated reefs. I've never seen boats on any of them so they're obviously only known by a few. You can bet I'll be working them over soon.

I've still got mountains of potentials to check out. I've promised Jewgaffer to get him out there to check a few more sometime soon.

Oh... and before you start sending me angry PMs... no, I'm not going to divulge where any of them are except to my closest raider buddies. Sorry, but good spots away from the crowds are like hens' teeth in Sydney. With a bit of homework anyone can do the same thing.

Cheers, Slinky

PS... It's cold out there :frozen:

hahahahahahahaha i have a feeling there will be a lot of boats following you around when the kings arrive in their numbers this season.

:1worthy::1worthy:

Well done mate :thumbup:

That is what winter is about, get out on those sh1te days.

It may be to blowy to fish but it is never to ugly to sound out a new spot inside :)