Nepean River Weir

bluedog

hey all,

a mate and i have been fishing the nepean the last couple of weeks after work with not much luck. we have been thinking of heading down to the weir but are not too sure on whether or not it is illegal to do so. we have heard different things from different people which has left us confused. any help would be greatly appreciated

you can fish the weir and on wards no probs cross the weir(just be careful) and follow the trail plenty of fishy spots down there, the water is still way to cold yet for any decent bass fishing give it to mid septenber(bass season opens 1st september) and they should be heading back up from their spawning run if you wanna fish the nepean at the moment just take some bread and corn with you and target carp and mullet plenty of them still around i was down there the other day and spotted several carp and mullet still jumpn all over the river.

good luck when you head down

shoot me a pm next month we'll go down for a surface sess. if you interested

mick

Edited by breamhntr

you can fish the weir and on wards no probs cross the weir(just be careful) and follow the trail plenty of fishy spots down there, the water is still way to cold yet for any decent bass fishing give it to mid septenber and they should be heading back up from their spawning run if you wanna fish the nepean at the moment just take some bread and corn with you and target carp and mullet plenty of them still around i was down there the other day and spotted several carp and mullet still jumpn all over the river.

good luck when you head down

shoot me a pm next month we'll go down for a surface sess. if you interested

mick

yeah thanks heaps mate. we usually head down in the arvos after work so if thats good for you we'll tee something up next month or so