Botany Bay/georges River 17.8.08

hoges1974

Well we hit the water at 7.30am and met up with another fishraider in his boat(sorry Andy can't remeber your name on here) and spent some time down the Moons with plenty of good bites but no fish in the boat.

After 2 hours or so of moving around trying a few different things we decided to head for the bay(was warming up a bit by now)

We had planned to try Trev alley but we knew the swell was going to be up and it sure was so we headed for the hot water outlet. I landed a nice flatty of 44cm (not long but it was a fat as). First fish i have caught on my 2500 stradic and it worked a treat. I was using a rainbow coloured Sp i can't remember exactly but think it was a Squidgy. I was going to let it go as i usually don't keep them under 50cm but this fella was so wide i kept it(and was sensational for dinner tonight).

After 2 hours we decided to head towards brighton and try a drift along the beach but this was not to be. A couple of times i had to start the boat and head out as the waves were actually breaking(enough to have a surf most of the time) so after about 20 mins we headed for the other side of the bay.

Had no luck there and the wind had been going well for a few hours now so we decided to head back to the river. Tried 3 or 4 spots on the way home for nothing(even struggled for a bite)

We had a great day on the water at the end of the day i said to the misses if we can enjoy a day like this (bugger all fish and trying conditions) we are going to have a ball in the warmer months.

Thanks Andrew for coming out in your boat for the day good to catch up again after all these years i am sure we will have plenty more fun with the families on the boats.

Cheers

Hoges

Thanks mate, great to "catch" up (thanks to FaceBook), we also drifted along the beach around the rowing club for NOTHING.

Dont like the new pontoon at Picnic Point (still full of idiots), how the hell are you supposed to step on & off without a ladder.

Need to do a night fish sometime.

You guys wernt in 2 runabouts one with a ski tube strapped to the front were ya's?

No tubes for us mate we went fishing.

I was pulling out when there was 2 small runabouts with tubes ect at about 3.30pm

Thanks mate, great to "catch" up (thanks to FaceBook), we also drifted along the beach around the rowing club for NOTHING.

Dont like the new pontoon at Picnic Point (still full of idiots), how the hell are you supposed to step on & off without a ladder.

Need to do a night fish sometime.

I could not believe the amount of tools on jet skis when i got back to the ramp. They were everywhere and doing some pretty silly shit

Did you notice they have taken part of the other pontoon away maybe they are removing it ??????

Jet ski morons should have a set area of the bay, if any at all. LAst time i was out there a moron was going flat-stick on his wave runner, being followed by a 15ft or so ski boat, shallow hull going full stick with 4 people on board. This boat was so lucky it didnt flip triying to keep up with the ski and battle the chop at the same time. MORONS i say