Narra Lake

luderick59

after a month of hardly any blackies it all came good this morning

i fished 2hrs before high first cast 1fish second cast 2fish :thumbup: after 2hrs ended up with 8 nice fish all taken on cabbage alldowns were solid and quick that means no small pickers were there stealing the bait

perfect conditions overcast and not much wind

peter :1fishing1:

Well done Peter! Finally!! Why didn't it happen 2 weeks ago??? :( You deserve it! :)

I've been thinking of you over the last week with the nice high tides!~ Did you give pussyfooting a go??

It has been pretty tough fishing up here, but I caught a nice blackie on weed fly last weeek, then it got snagged & busted off! :( Back to the drawing board!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

hi roberta

been pussyfooting at mona and even newport for zero water is very clear

that red weed fly would be good at mona

i tied a green cotton fly but yet to give it a go

xmas green tinsil may match cabbage ?

SHAME ABOUT THE WIND TOMORROW because the fish are there :thumbdown:

Hi Pete,

:yahoo: well done and thanks for the "heads up"!! That is the kind of fishing that we all like. :thumbup: I might give it a go this w/e.

It has been a bit quiet here of late and the cold weather has shut me down !! I tried for squid a couple of times during the last late afternoon high, but no action for me. A few years ago the squid used to be very regular at my local; I'm wondering if the increasing numbers of kingfish since fisheries stopped the use of traps has resulted in the squid getting pounded more by the kingies.

cheers

Cam

Hi Peter

Slinky hopes to get all 3 colours from Gofish Pete, so may be able to tie a couple of the brown ones for you??

Cheerio

Roberta

hi robertathat would be great :thumbup:

but then id hate to lose them on a snag :ranting2:

its raining down here but no wind hope the wind holds back till about 1pm cause those blackies are there

will go down about 10 love the rain hate the wind

top effort pete!

yet to land a blackie yet... after a couple of hours of trying, i've been making the switch and have had some good fun with drummer and groper....

My day with the blackies will come! keep the report coming ...

:1fishing1: AJ

fished till 12.30 lots of rain not much wind caught another 8 but were biting very shyleywill post photos tonight

Machine!!! Peter mate.. u're on fire!! b

My only chance at getting into them would be tomorrow, and the weather conditions don't look too great with that wind on its way... and i'll be out chasing some drummer on Sunday... my time will come... =D

looking forward to the pics!

:thumbup: