Exciting New Bits For Hobie In 2009 For Yaks

arpie

Hi guys

Lots of new bits happening on the Hobie Mirage yaks coming out in 2009. The Mirage Pedals will be easier to insert & remove & more stable. Also easier to change from normal fins to turbo. The up/down lever for the rudder has been replaced by a normal yak pulley system (up on left, down on right)

Here is video of the changes

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi guys

Lots of new bits happening on the Hobie Mirage yaks coming out in 2009. The Mirage Pedals will be easier to insert & remove & more stable. Also easier to change from normal fins to turbo. The up/down lever for the rudder has been replaced by a normal yak pulley system (up on left, down on right)

Here is video of the changes

Cheerio

Roberta

Hey Roberta,

Out of interest what is the broad range of price on one of these beauties? Need to know if selling the tinny will cover it :biggrin2:

Also, as the resident yak expert :biggrin2: and a swoffa - do you do much fly fishing from it?

Thanks for any info

Later!

Hi Zuluboy

Current prices (new) start at just over $2000 for the smallest one (SPORT) & goes up from there! I can only guess at how much the 2009 ones will be!

I was really lucky & got mine on Swap & buy here for $1500, including the fishfinder (mine is the SPORT) so keep your eyes open if you want to get one. A couple of months ago, an Outback was going for a similar price on FR. They hold their price well & sell fast when priced correctly!

They are terrific for SW & FW fishing but haven't yet tried it for Fly Fishing ...... yet! I will be modifying it a bit to make it more stable to stand up in, then will no doubt try FF as well!! I am not that comfortable casting from a sitting position! Might be worth getting the VIdeo Camera out for that day! :1yikes:

I have a buddy who has the Revolution & intends FF from it - perhaps in October after our SW yakking at Durras, when we head to Jindy :)

Cheerio

Roberta

If you ever see anyone with one in the water, approach them - i am sure they will want to rave about it & give you a go!