Taking Soft Plastics Overseas

mrj031

Hi

Customs and quarantine staff at airports are really good and their office will give you a quick answer by email. You could use that email at the airport as well. I think any opened product that has non cooked animal product in it will be a problem along with any ones that have been in water. You might find a beagle with a fetish for gulps and it is always better for our bio-security to be safe and declare everything.

The quarantine services of the country you are going to bound to be easy to ask a question of as well.

Your other option is to source them where you are going or if using charters / guides to get them to supply them

If you are taking very expensive equipment you may like to have it noted / declared on leaving Australia so that when you return you are not charged duty on it as if it was new equipment.

I have always found customs and quarantine great to deal with even if they don't give me the answer I wanted but they have often told me the easy path to compliance I hadn't considered.

Edited by pelican

I spoke to the AQIS folk at work today , and they advise me that provided the lures contain NO ANIMAL content , they will be allowed unrestricted entry back into Australia , providing you have a MANDEC ( Manufacturers Declaration ) as to the composition of the lures.

Public Quarantine Alert PQA0021

Manufacturer’s Declaration Format Requirements

Where an ICON case requires that a manufacturer’s declaration accompanies a consignment, this declaration must meet the following format requirements:

1. Manufacturer’s Declarations accompanying Non-Commercial (personal) consignments must be:

a) from the manufacturer of the product being imported; and

B) on the manufacturer’s letterhead; and

c) signed by an appropriate company employee whose name, title and contact details also appear; and

d) dated and free from erasures and alterations; and

e) written in English and containing the correct statement/s as required by the relevant ICON case; and

f) specific to the relevant product by name.

If you require further specific information, you can email the Entry Management team at this address : Entrymanagement@aqis.gov.au . You can also phone them on 02 6272 3390 .

Also , be aware that there are further restrictions on used Fresh Water articles and equipment that have been used in certain countries . ( Fiji is not on that list ) . This information can be found HERE

Ross

I spoke to the AQIS folk at work today , and they advise me that provided the lures contain NO ANIMAL content , they will be allowed unrestricted entry back into Australia , providing you have a MANDEC ( Manufacturers Declaration ) as to the composition of the lures.

Public Quarantine Alert PQA0021

Manufacturer’s Declaration Format Requirements

Where an ICON case requires that a manufacturer’s declaration accompanies a consignment, this declaration must meet the following format requirements:

1. Manufacturer’s Declarations accompanying Non-Commercial (personal) consignments must be:

a) from the manufacturer of the product being imported; and

B) on the manufacturer’s letterhead; and

c) signed by an appropriate company employee whose name, title and contact details also appear; and

d) dated and free from erasures and alterations; and

e) written in English and containing the correct statement/s as required by the relevant ICON case; and

f) specific to the relevant product by name.

If you require further specific information, you can email the Entry Management team at this address : Entrymanagement@aqis.gov.au . You can also phone them on 02 6272 3390 .

Also , be aware that there are further restrictions on used Fresh Water articles and equipment that have been used in certain countries . ( Fiji is not on that list ) . This information can be found HERE

Ross

you have bucklys chance of getting a Manufacturer’s Declaration, i have tried B4