Narooma During The School Holidays

hoges1974

Will be fishing the bay mainly as the bar scares me :thumbdown:

Don't blame you mate ... the bar can be NASTY! Notorious for breaking boats and fishos alike :(

How's the hols, Hoges? Into any fish yet? I hope to be fishing on Tuross on Sat...

Cheers

Hodgey

Yeah the bar is scary...

But the fishing off Montague Island is something special!!... Maybe worth going out on a charter for it?

A trip to Narooma isn't the same without going to montague... and the breakwall on the incoming tide in the arvo... some nice trevs and bream...

Good luck...

Cheers

Ben

Been down for 2 days now haven't taken the boat out yet been doing stuff with the kids.

I have been tossing some plastics off the break wall a couple of times a day with no luck but asking around seems no one is catching much

Going for a fish at 6am tomorrow morning gunna try up the back of the river around the oyster leases and apparently there are plenty of Tailor around with jews under them (so the boys at the takle shop tell me). Gunna do some trolling see if i can get on the tailor then send a few nice strips down and hope for a jew.

been sensational couple of days only about 24 today but the sun was out all day

I was talking to an old local today he told me to give up on the soft p;lastics and go pump some nippers on the flat at low tide then come back when the tide is in and i will get a few decent bream so may try this over the stay

Going to be 27 tomorrow and friday so will give it a go in the boat both days and a charter is on the cards for Saturday morning anyone been out with the Narooma charter guys they have a nice looking cat might give them a try any suggestion on which charter boat is good?????

Sitting back with the old man 3 parts through a bottle of jimmy (second for the trip so far :beersmile: ) Its all good :1prop:

Don't blame you mate ... the bar can be NASTY! Notorious for breaking boats and fishos alike :(

How's the hols, Hoges? Into any fish yet? I hope to be fishing on Tuross on Sat...

Cheers

Hodgey

The bar was looking a bit average today no fish pics though things are very quiet down here water is still only 15.5deg. Have a few tips from the local takle joint have a couple of hard bodied lures to try tomorrow see how i go

this seal was having a nice rest on the rocks of the breakwall. Wasn't to happy when i come over to take a pic though

post-7433-1222945094_thumb.jpg

post-7433-1222945289_thumb.jpg

ill prob b down in about 4 weeks, ill let you know when im there hodgey, the bream should be startin to fire (and those shiney jew...), should meet up on the water for a flick

Mitch

Hoges,

a recent report i go was The drop off out from taylors o a rising tide has been the undoing of some big lizards and occasional jew,and as allways tailor as usual. also unweighted stickbsits (bassminnow / fireminnows) over the weedbeds work well o the bream too

MItch

Well hit the river at 5am this morning an straight onto a couple of tailor(45cm). This went on for 2 hours and on 6 pound line i could have done this all day but the tailor had another idea.

Sent a strip of tailor down for a while hoping to entise a jew but no luck so started trolling again only to get 2 small snapper so i called it a day.

ended up landing 15 tailor most being around 35 to 45cm

kept 3 to try on the BBQ but couldn't be bothered in the end will use them as bait over the next few days

I was using a Predatek Boomerang B65D lure and the tailor absolutly loved it

Edited by hoges1974

I used Light house Charters last time down there 2 months ago. Good blokes very helpful and professional.

I have used others and it depends on who is on the wheel and how big their night before was :beersmile:

Cheers Rowan