Windsor 14/2/05

Rick T

G’day Fishraiders

A quick report from out west, after taking care of bubs most of the weekend I got a few hours off yesterday avo so I picked Mick up from work at 4pm and we headed to Windsor for some bassin’. Fairly windy and tide moving at a fair pace we struggled with surface so we changed to eyeball tail grubs and TN50 Jackals. Mick was the first to hook up and to our surprise he landed a nice Perch of around 30cm. We have heard of them being caught that far down but never seen it and it is the first time we have caught one on a reaction style lure such as the jackals. We ended up boating around 15 or so bass after that with the biggest at 36cm. This was the first time I have had a reasonable bend in the battler, I caught it with a cast an inch from a log and basically locked up drag to get the fish from busting me off. First time ever I forgot my camera but Mick took a few picks with his phone of some fish in the live well but not sure how good they will turn out.

Sounds like a fun few hours for you Rick. :thumbup:

I had a delivery to Lower Portland on Friday. Some interesting looking stretches of the river along there! I'm sorely tempted to go out west...(North) and give it a shot.

All you guys that fish the upper reaches, will I have any dramas with a deeper type hull? Should I be looking out for anything in particular as far as hazzards go?

Edited by Jocool

Well done boys

sounds like an enjoyable few hours on the old hawks.

good 2 c a few bass around might have 2 get down there some time soon.

Or i might duck away with the misses and go see how Glenbawn is doing .

Its been a while since i felt that pounding hit off a big fat dam bass. :1yikes:

Puts a shiver down my spine every time :thumbup: