Bream Lures Ok For Bass?

Jake

Hey all,

Going to be doing a bit more bass fishing this summer but would rather not fork out too many more dollars on surface lures if can be avoided.

Was wondering (hoping) if the bream/whitting surface lures i use (bushy stiffies, rebel pop's, river to sea bubble pop, small daiwa walk the dog pencils) would be ok on the bass???

I don't have any in dark colours. Is this a problem?

Mainly on Glenbawn Dam.

Cheers

Mate not a problem, you can use all your topwater lures for bass id even try and pick up some dam deep jigheads incase they are not surface biting and dont worry you dont need dark colours to catch the bass on topwater.

Good luck with the fishing. :1fishing1:

Agreed with Snag.

But if you can squeze it into the budget, I'd buy a couple if river to sea bubble pop's in the Black or Dark Purple - I think they are only $12....I've found them dynamite for dusk and dawn sessions off structure.

fore sure theyll be fine but i do find the darker colours get abit more attention but it differs to different times of the year cheap way to fix this problem wat i do is when my lures get a bit dull smashed up i have a hobbie spray gun that runs off a small compressor and i repaint they in the colours i need

mick

Definitely use your bream lures on bass!!

bass are nowhere near as fussy on the surface as bream

just remember to pitch it into the snag and let it sit with a few subtle twiches

bass will just smash it as soon as it moves

get those buggi pops they still catch me more surface bass than sammy and co.

cheers

kael