Has Anyone Used This Stuff?

softplasticsjunkie

Harry - mate just guessing here, but reckon the line is OK, have used in lighter wieghts with no particular probs

Maybe 1 or more of the following probs is worth looking at:

1)Your reel may be not be laying the braid real well causing probs casting

2)Your spool may be over full causing you to pick up a loop when casting

3)Leader knot may be catching in the guides causing the line flowing off the spool to get caught up on itself

4)If you are retrieving light weight lures you might not be getting the line back on the spool tight enough (causing probs when casting out again)

5) You may have some sort of mismatch between rod, reel or line weight causing the performance prob

As I said just guessing (as dont know what rod, reel or style of fishing you are into with this line)

Hope this helps a bit - good luck sorting it out. The stuff is too expensive to disguard imo

John

Harry, my brother has some 14lb on one of his baitcaster's, i've used it quite a few times and have had it snap midline about 4 times when being cast and i was only using a small halco popper and soft plastic with 3/8 jig head on each occasion which has put me right off it.

Josh

Guest Big-Banana

Harry, my brother has some 14lb on one of his baitcaster's, i've used it quite a few times and have had it snap midline about 4 times when being cast and i was only using a small halco popper and soft plastic with 3/8 jig head on each occasion which has put me right off it.

Josh

I used to rate this stuff highly, but there was definitely a period for around 12 months that it turned to absolute sh*t!

Guest Big-Banana

How long ago was that mate??

Harry.

It's still in the progress. The lighter stuff I once used for Squid is about as good as fireline :1badmood:

Lot of break offs on casts, got very exy in lost jigs.

Adding to whats already been said, try and respool the line on under load, it really helps mitigate loose loops on both spin and baitcast reels but is especially important on spin reels.

Making sure the spool/line gets a decent rinse in fresh water after use in the salt also helps, residual salt/gunk sometimes result in the line being semi sticky.

HTH