Braid Knots

trungie

I'm using 20lb braid. Lost a fish on the weekend and was devastated - not that it was a huge fish, but because it was just a decent catch and my knot failed. Used a centauri knot.

For my mono leader i usually use a palomar knot to the hook and to the swivel.

Then what knots should i use to tie my braid to swivel?

G'day mate, like the Ceph, I tie a leader to the braid using an IMPROVED ALBRIGHT knot, then tie whatever to the leader, a simple locked blood knot works fine for me when I tie hooks swivels etc, to the leader.

Braid is non stretch so any hard jarring impact to a knot eg: to a hook and or swivel could snap the braid.

Hope this helps .. Cheers...

i also use mono on most of my braid outfits,cause it gives you security and more importantly puts a little stretch in the outfit wich reduces pulled hooks,use the improved albright also

the only outfit were the braid is conected to a swivel directly is my bottom bouncing outfit,that outfit is conect directly to a swivel with the use of a bimini twist double and a cats paw to the swivel

cheers arman

I make a double in the braid and then tie a double uni to connect braid to mono and always a uni knot to whatever terminal is on the end except a loop knot for lures.

Which knot connection did it break at? Make sure you lubricate your knots with some saliva and give a good wash after being submerged in salt water or even tie new knots to counteract the build up of salt crystals within the knots which cause them to fray and ultimately break under pressure.

Josh