Middle Harbour Sunday 19/10/08

FISHLETIC

Hello fellow raiders ! :thumbup:

Long time reader first time poster, so here goes.

Went out to Middle Harbour on Sunday with a couple of keen fisho's(mate's) i haven't seen for ages,got to the Spit around 3.30am to pick up some squid and to my surprise they were there for a change, or i have finally worked out a method that's consistent....... :biggrin2:

Seem to be a hell of alot of boats around too.....

Ended up with 6 squid by sunrise (lost 3 at the boat) and thought we would head off to the spot where i know Kings frequent.All was quiet for the first hour so i decided to have a little shut eye.

About 30mins goes by, im in another world when i hear the music to my ears zzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz!!!!!!

My mate goes OYE your on ! So i jump up still half off with the fairy's and grab my rod to start the tussle, after a quick fight i boated my first King of the season 71cm :yahoo: was over the moon as i have been out there putting in the hours for the last few trips to no avail........ :05:

Not much happen after that apart from others around us getting some rats.

Was good to be out there, and even better to be rewarded for the effort.

COME ON KINGY SEASON !!!!!

I spent Wed, Thurs and Friday in Middle Harbour running in my engine after a rebuild.

I had to spend 2 hours under 2000rpms at mixed speeds, so did a lot of sounding around.

There was lots of Kings around seaforth, sugarloaf and the moorings along the way to Bantry bay.

Didnt see many bait schools though (it was the middle of the day ) Only fished for an hour or so while the

engine cooled and hooked a king an really light gear under a mooring

just like the people who need to call up the nasal delivery experts it didnt last long....

Also plenty of 30cm+ snapper in Middle Harbour, threw back heaps of them and they were hungry

Can wait for summer to be be in full swing, my local servo freezer is chock full of pilchard blocks

that sat there all winter and slowly defrosted marinated in their own juice during a few blackouts

then refrozen and freezer burnt................

Perfect for my Kingy missions !

Glad you got onto a king - There were a few successful people at the ramp when I was launching

with some nice fish

Jason

The kingfish certainly seem to be picking up. Was out on the water with two friends on Sunday and we managed a triple hook up. One was busted off pretty quickly (only found out later he was using 8 pound leader for the challenge). Mine decided to make a run under a nearby boat and since I had images of the line being cut from the barnacles under the boat I shoved most of the rod in the water to change the angle. Ended up landing a nice 75cm kingie. Other friend landed nice little 67cm kingfish.

Realised that all the ones we have landed so far this season have been more than 65cm.