Forward And Reverse Connection Help On 40hp Mariner

Kiwi Dan

Hi raiders,

Im hoping a few of you knowledgeable fishos will be able to help me.

Last night while dusting off my engine I was a little rough and broke a piece connected to my forward and reverse cable on the motor end. I have no idea what the piece is called but it is connected to the cable on a spring and looks like it is made of some kind of ceramic. Luckily i checked again today and the other one is well on its way out.

So does anyone know what these are called and does anyone know where I can get another set from? I am desperate to get out on the water this weekend so any help is appreciated. The motor is a 40hp Mariner, probably made sometime in the 80's.

You can call me on 0422276974 if thats easier.

post-4176-1224641806_thumb.jpg

post-4176-1224641814_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Hi Dan, they are technically called cable ends-not very technical I know. Problem is with the age and stlye of your engine if you could still get them they cost over $50 each. Ring around wreckers mate and say you have a Japanese Mariner and you need the cable end that thread onto the control cables.

You should be able to pick up cheaply, if not let me know and I can see if you can still get them new.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Dan, they are technically called cable ends-not very technical I know. Problem is with the age and stlye of your engine if you could still get them they cost over $50 each. Ring around wreckers mate and say you have a Japanese Mariner and you need the cable end that thread onto the control cables.

You should be able to pick up cheaply, if not let me know and I can see if you can still get them new.

Cheers,

Huey.

LEGEND thanks Huey.

Ill give them a go, if I need to try get one new how long do you think it would take you to get one?