Land Based Spots Around Cronulla

emetic

Hi,

I'm new here!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for some decent land based spots on the port hacking or even the georges around the shire to wet a line, and what the best times are for the particular spots.

I haven't had much luck (or skill :) ) lately and don't have a boat yet!

Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post up your spots :)

Cheers

Hi,

I'm new here!

Just wondering if anyone has any advice for some decent land based spots on the port hacking or even the georges around the shire to wet a line, and what the best times are for the particular spots.

I haven't had much luck (or skill :) ) lately and don't have a boat yet!

Feel free to PM me if you dont want to post up your spots :)

Cheers

Don't hold back! I'm interested too :)

Hi Emetic :1welcomeani: To Fishraider and the following locations are also for the benefit of the keen fisho Geekfisherman.

I don't mind giving out a few locations as there is plenty of room for night fishermen in the areas I'm giving you and a good choking from my landbased mates might get rid of my smokers cough. :D

Cronulla - Go for a stroll and check out the gutter in front of and the three others on the Wanda Side of Nth Cronulla surf club in the day time. Catch your live bait off the platform in front of Gymea pool and a few squid off Wally's wharf and get some medium size mullet off the wharf at Swallow Rock Drive an hour or make it two before the top, leave allowing just enough time so that you can fish the main session from just before the top until about five hours down from the top.

Port Hacking - Go thru National Park and drive down the road that goes to the ranger's cottage on the western side about 3/4 of a kilometre from the corner of the mouth of South West Arm, and fish off the public wharf next door or track up the flat blackfish rocks close by. It's really good water up there and drops down in stages to very deepwater so stagger your beach rod casts.

Georges River - Lugarno walkway at the end of Forest Road. Fish baits are the baits to use at Lugarno, but big out of area squid bait could do alright on the jewfish down there which fishes best from the bottom of the tide up and the tide can be up to one and a half hours late in that part of the Georges.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

• 8 years later...